Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board upgrade advice, revolts?

Hi,

First of all, I'm really impressed and thankful for this community. Y'all have excellent attitudes and dole out really helpful advice, so thank you for all I've learned so far!

So I bought super cheap starter boards (summit EZ, 95 cm, with direct mount bindings....) And I took to them right away. I'm fairly athletic and grew up inline skating in the states, moved to Edmonton, Alberta, got introduced to snow for the first time and went skiing with some ex-ski racers and coaches and while I kept up, I wasn't a huge fan. Bought these cute little Summits on a whim and I freaking love them. Thus far I've only taken them to local bunny hills in town (ice ice baby!) And they've been super fun and I have no problem putting them on edge and carving away. Sooooo much better than long skis. But I've noticed that any loose snow they feel not so great and just by reading here I don't think they'll be what I want them to be on some of the mountains (kicking horse, marmot basin, big white) and I want to be able to keep up with my friends and more importantly have fun on a mixture of terrains. Glade (tree) runs and some fresh powder, but not be totally hating life on icy groomers. I expect to get skiboards just for powder sometime before next season.

The kicker is, I'm short (5'2") and heavy (165ish). And I'm a safety weenie. Are the revolts something I should be looking at? I want stability, and to edge nicely on the groomers, but I don't want to sink in the glades. Am I asking too much? Any advice for a good all mountain board for a short girl to get so I can finish this season having a blast on some big mountains?

You guys/gals rock!

Your EZs are nice boards, but if you want better stability and edge hold on ice, the Revolts would definitely be an upgrade. They are not just longer, but stiffer, so would have better edge grip.

Another board to consider would be the Ickys. They have a little rocker, which makes them easier to turn and more versatile if you want to leave the trails and explore the trees and bumps, but still have great edge hold on hard pack.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Thanks for the advice! The ickys sound more up my alley actually, with the ability to hit some trails. Do you think they'll be too long compared to my height? Or not too much of a stretch from my 95s?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly1380 View Post
        Thanks for the advice! The ickys sound more up my alley actually, with the ability to hit some trails. Do you think they'll be too long compared to my height? Or not too much of a stretch from my 95s?

Thanks again!
        Because they are rockered, and therefore have a shorter effective edge, they actually ride much shorter than their actual length. You should be fine on them.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I'll put my order in asap!

Comment

Hey, if you make it to Kicking Horse on those Stickies and want to go for a lap, give me a heads up! That's my local hill. My sister and the littles ski the Edmonton bunny hills.
            BOARDSLAYER
            Base / Edge Destruction X X X
            Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Thanks for offer, I'll definitely take you up on that offer! Kicking horse is definitely on the menu this year.

Comment

Working...
              X