Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How young to start skiboarding?

Hello Friends.

My daughter just turned 1! and for those who have kids, I’m curious what age you got them on the slopes or on a hill in the backyard? Did you ever try any infant skis? Is there an infant line of rvl8s in the works? Maybe 30cm! I see some Bantam’s in her future.

-Joey

Originally posted by JoeyAncz View Post
    Hello Friends.

My daughter just turned 1! and for those who have kids, I’m curious what age you got them on the slopes or on a hill in the backyard? Did you ever try any infant skis? Is there an infant line of rvl8s in the works? Maybe 30cm! I see some Bantam’s in her future.

-Joey
    Congratulations Joey! I started my first son at 3 and second at 2.5yrs. Both on just regular rental children's skis, around 80cm I think. Then after they got a little better I installed Tyrolia jr. bindings on Spruce risers and had them on Bantams. Fun times!

Comment

My son will be 6-7 months when winter hits here on the East Coast... I was going to tuck him in a boot on a DLP and see if he stays up...lol Just kidding.
      Skis/Skiboards:
      2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
      2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
      2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
      2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
      20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
      2012 Salomon SPK 90
      2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyAncz View Post
        Hello Friends.

-Joey
        Hey Joey,

All of my kids started around the age of 6 or 7. Didn't plan it that way, it's just how it happened. My kids all caught on pretty quickly. They all started on regular jr. skis, not skiboards.

HTH,
        Chad

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
          I was going to tuck him in a boot on a DLP and see if he stays up...lol Just kidding.
          That sounds about right.

And I guess I have some time, if I wait another year or 2. But this year went by so fast that I wanted to start thinking about it. Even 6 or 7 would be fine. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X