Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying advice

Hi guys!
    I'm italian and I'm about to buy my first skiboard. I found a pair of used rvl8 KTP, with ax-1 bindings.
    well, i think that the KTPs could meet my needs, but i honestly don't know aboud their conditions.
    I'll attach some photos, could you help me to valutate theme?
    thank you, have a good day

They look fine to me as far as I can tell from the pictures. The main things to check are base damage, and side wall cracks and damage , and damage to the edges, and to make sure the boards are not delaminating. Top sheet chips and nicks are very common and are cosmetic and not structural issues. If they are a good price , I would say go for it . I used to have the KTPs and those very bindings before moving on to Condors and Spliffs. Nice skiboard and the bindings work fine as well.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thank you very much!
      The price Is 350€ and they are from 2013. I think the price Is a bit high, but i guess i can lower It.

Comment

Originally posted by NicX2 View Post
        Thank you very much!
        The price Is 350€ and they are from 2013. I think the price Is a bit high, but i guess i can lower It.
        IMHO That price is way too high!

Would the KTP's suit your level of experience? Please see the quote below from the SBOL web page about the KTP's.
        "Note: Due to it's camber, stiffness and 12.5cm width underfoot the KTP is only recommended for aggressive, intermediate to advanced riders."
        Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
        Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
        Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post

Would the KTP's suit your level of experience? Please see the quote below from the SBOL web page about the KTP's.
          "Note: Due to it's camber, stiffness and 12.5cm width underfoot the KTP is only recommended for aggressive, intermediate to advanced riders."
          Well, honestly i don't know how to interpret the word "aggressive", but I'm a good skier. Unfortunatly i don't have experience with skiboard because of in Italy there are no skiboard to rent. I tried only some snowblades in very bad condition. Anyway I'm searching a type of skiboard to use mainly on the track and that could go also in backcountry and on the fresh snow (powder?), a little bit. I think due to the reviews i red that ktp could di that.

Comment

+1. For used from 2013, this is too expensive. On skiboards.cz you'll find new boards for slightly above 300 - without the bindings, it's true - but bindings you'll find used ones at reasonable prices here on the forum. My advice is to go to the "Buy and sell" sub-forum and post a WTB thread, or look for selling posts from last year that didn't sell.

Would the KTP's suit your level of experience?
            Another very good point. I for one I started by reading reviews of the different skiboards and deciding which board would be a good one for me at that point, and after that I started searching for that precise board. I would also not recommend you to get any skiboards, just because they're easier to get.

You can also have a look at some specs here, if you haven't done it already : http://www.skiboardsonline.com/board_specs.html
            Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
            Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
            Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Just for the sake of price comparison, this pair http://forums.skiboardsonline.com/fo...me-plus-risers
              was sold just a few days ago, for 300 USD with Spruce Risers and Attack 13 bindings ...
              Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
              Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
              Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post

Another very good point. I for one I started by reading reviews of the different skiboards and deciding which board would be a good one for me at that point, and after that I started searching for that precise board. I would also not recommend you to get any skiboards, just because they're easier to get.
                As i said above, I did my research and I find out that the KTPs are a good solution, at least as far as i know...

The problem with the EU skiboard shop Is that they don't have a large choice of products at the moment, and the new bindings costs too much for me. On the other hand, even buying from u.s. Is difficult because of the shipping and the customs duties.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post

You can also have a look at some specs here, if you haven't done it already : http://www.skiboardsonline.com/board_specs.html
                  Wow beautiful guide!
                  what Is "Mogul"? I can't find a translation. And "all Mountain" Is a way to define what? The average of all the votes?

Comment

what Is "Mogul"? I can't find a translation.
                    Mogul is bumps, or "bosses" in French, I don't know the Italian for that.

And "all Mountain" Is a way to define what? The average of all the votes?
                    Those are not votes, but ratings on a scale to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 beaing the best for the conditions named in that column. "All mountain" I think would mean how well a board behaves overall, how it can handle the varied, different conditions - groomed, ice, light powder, etc.

Comment

On the other hand, even buying from u.s. Is difficult because of the shipping and the customs duties.
                      I live in France, so I know it's not easy I got lucky a couple of times and found stuff in EU/UK, but I've also bought things from fellow forum members from US/CA, and it was always worth it. Even with shipping costs and sometimes taxes, it was still reasonably priced.

For instance these bindings went for 50 USD (around 45 EUR...)
                      http://forums.skiboardsonline.com/fo...elite-bindings

and those for 60 USD including US shipping
                      http://forums.skiboardsonline.com/fo...s-line-ff-cams

Bindings are easy to buy from anywhere, they pack small, which will keep shipping costs reasonable

Comment

Thank you all for the answers!
                        Now I'm bargaining for the skiboards mentioned above. If the negotiation fails maybe you will see me in the forum's market section

Comment

Working...
                        X