Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buying advice

    Hi guys!
    I'm italian and I'm about to buy my first skiboard. I found a pair of used rvl8 KTP, with ax-1 bindings.
    well, i think that the KTPs could meet my needs, but i honestly don't know aboud their conditions.
    I'll attach some photos, could you help me to valutate theme?
    thank you, have a good day

  • #2
    They look fine to me as far as I can tell from the pictures. The main things to check are base damage, and side wall cracks and damage , and damage to the edges, and to make sure the boards are not delaminating. Top sheet chips and nicks are very common and are cosmetic and not structural issues. If they are a good price , I would say go for it . I used to have the KTPs and those very bindings before moving on to Condors and Spliffs. Nice skiboard and the bindings work fine as well.
    Boards :
    Spliffs
    DLPs
    Condors
    Slingshots
    Sherpa

    Boot:
    K2 BFC 100

    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce ProPrime Plus Binding/Riser with Attack 13 GW binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you very much!
      The price Is 350€ and they are from 2013. I think the price Is a bit high, but i guess i can lower It.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NicX2 View Post
        Thank you very much!
        The price Is 350€ and they are from 2013. I think the price Is a bit high, but i guess i can lower It.
        IMHO That price is way too high!

        Would the KTP's suit your level of experience? Please see the quote below from the SBOL web page about the KTP's.
        "Note: Due to it's camber, stiffness and 12.5cm width underfoot the KTP is only recommended for aggressive, intermediate to advanced riders."
        2019 Spruce Crossbow 115 skiboards
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XL 100 skiboards
        Tyrolia Attack 13 release bindings on Spruce Risers
        Atomic Waymaker 80 ski boots

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gromit View Post

          IMHO That price is way too high!

          Would the KTP's suit your level of experience? Please see the quote below from the SBOL web page about the KTP's.
          "Note: Due to it's camber, stiffness and 12.5cm width underfoot the KTP is only recommended for aggressive, intermediate to advanced riders."
          Well, honestly i don't know how to interpret the word "aggressive", but I'm a good skier. Unfortunatly i don't have experience with skiboard because of in Italy there are no skiboard to rent. I tried only some snowblades in very bad condition. Anyway I'm searching a type of skiboard to use mainly on the track and that could go also in backcountry and on the fresh snow (powder?), a little bit. I think due to the reviews i red that ktp could di that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gromit View Post
            IMHO That price is way too high!
            +1. For used from 2013, this is too expensive. On skiboards.cz you'll find new boards for slightly above 300 - without the bindings, it's true - but bindings you'll find used ones at reasonable prices here on the forum. My advice is to go to the "Buy and sell" sub-forum and post a WTB thread, or look for selling posts from last year that didn't sell.

            Originally posted by Gromit View Post
            Would the KTP's suit your level of experience?
            Another very good point. I for one I started by reading reviews of the different skiboards and deciding which board would be a good one for me at that point, and after that I started searching for that precise board. I would also not recommend you to get any skiboards, just because they're easier to get.

            You can also have a look at some specs here, if you haven't done it already : http://www.skiboardsonline.com/board_specs.html
            RVL8 Blunt XL
            Spruce Raptors 125LE
            Revel8 2010 Revolt Trees 105cm
            Spruce Yellow/Red 120s

            Comment


            • #7
              Just for the sake of price comparison, this pair http://forums.skiboardsonline.com/fo...me-plus-risers
              was sold just a few days ago, for 300 USD with Spruce Risers and Attack 13 bindings ...
              RVL8 Blunt XL
              Spruce Raptors 125LE
              Revel8 2010 Revolt Trees 105cm
              Spruce Yellow/Red 120s

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post

                Another very good point. I for one I started by reading reviews of the different skiboards and deciding which board would be a good one for me at that point, and after that I started searching for that precise board. I would also not recommend you to get any skiboards, just because they're easier to get.
                As i said above, I did my research and I find out that the KTPs are a good solution, at least as far as i know...

                The problem with the EU skiboard shop Is that they don't have a large choice of products at the moment, and the new bindings costs too much for me. On the other hand, even buying from u.s. Is difficult because of the shipping and the customs duties.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post


                  You can also have a look at some specs here, if you haven't done it already : http://www.skiboardsonline.com/board_specs.html
                  Wow beautiful guide!
                  what Is "Mogul"? I can't find a translation. And "all Mountain" Is a way to define what? The average of all the votes?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NicX2 View Post
                    what Is "Mogul"? I can't find a translation.
                    Mogul is bumps, or "bosses" in French, I don't know the Italian for that.

                    Originally posted by NicX2 View Post
                    And "all Mountain" Is a way to define what? The average of all the votes?
                    Those are not votes, but ratings on a scale to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 beaing the best for the conditions named in that column. "All mountain" I think would mean how well a board behaves overall, how it can handle the varied, different conditions - groomed, ice, light powder, etc.
                    RVL8 Blunt XL
                    Spruce Raptors 125LE
                    Revel8 2010 Revolt Trees 105cm
                    Spruce Yellow/Red 120s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NicX2 View Post
                      On the other hand, even buying from u.s. Is difficult because of the shipping and the customs duties.
                      I live in France, so I know it's not easy I got lucky a couple of times and found stuff in EU/UK, but I've also bought things from fellow forum members from US/CA, and it was always worth it. Even with shipping costs and sometimes taxes, it was still reasonably priced.

                      For instance these bindings went for 50 USD (around 45 EUR...)
                      http://forums.skiboardsonline.com/fo...elite-bindings

                      and those for 60 USD including US shipping
                      http://forums.skiboardsonline.com/fo...s-line-ff-cams

                      Bindings are easy to buy from anywhere, they pack small, which will keep shipping costs reasonable
                      RVL8 Blunt XL
                      Spruce Raptors 125LE
                      Revel8 2010 Revolt Trees 105cm
                      Spruce Yellow/Red 120s

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you all for the answers!
                        Now I'm bargaining for the skiboards mentioned above. If the negotiation fails maybe you will see me in the forum's market section

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X