Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Boards?

Hi,

I've been ice skating (competitively on and off) for years and have skied a few times finding the length a real pain so several friends have recommended trying skiboards as they are supposed to be similar to skating.

I've done a lot of research on the internet and am considering purchasing a set of Summit 85 boards with Spruce releasable bindings.

I'm a bit old (at least in body) for doing tricks and park riding and am just looking for fun on the mountain. Don't get a huge amount of powder here but do get a fair amount of ice particularly late in the season. I have to have releasable bindings as I have arthritis and the slightest twist can have me limping around with a cane for weeks.

I'm unsure regarding the length as I'm 5'8" and about 64kg (don't know what that equates to in pounds) but I think shorter rather than longer would be better for me.

Can anyone give me any advice regarding summit boards?

Thanks so much

summit 85

hi Mione,

i have a pair that i bought used and use the extreme II non-release binding. i'm almost exactly your height/weight.

they're all around fun boards. i, too, like shorter boards (snowjam 75, canon heritage 90, and these summits) because they're extremely manueverable and easy to get up on after you take a spill. these 85s are a bit stiffer than the canons i have, but not as stiff as the snowjams. their sidecut is pretty deep so they turn easily. they spin pretty easily, too. because of their sidecut they kind of feel like they always need to be on edge, kind of squirrely running flat. i like my snowjam 75s better, but i'll still use these. if you're going to use releasable bindings, these 85s might be better suited than the 75s, though.

hope this helps.
    Spruce 120s!!!
    KTPs
    BWPs
    Extreme II bindings w/ Rossignol Soft Light 1 boots; snowboard bindings w/ "strut" garage riser and boa snowboard boots; Spruce composite risers/C609 bindings
    Snowjam 75s for da kids; Summit 85s for kids' friends and the occasional odd experiment

Comment

Working...
    X