Buying skiboards and bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying skiboards and bindings

Hey everyone I'm new to the sport of skiboarding and I'm thinking about buying a pair for next season and have a couple of questions. First how easy is it because I'm currently skiing double black diamond runs with my K2's and do some jumping. Second if I buy a pair what would you reccomend I was thinking about getting either snowjam 99's or loken apetorches. Which would you reccomend and what bindings work the best for nonreleaseables. Thanks your advice would be most appreciated.

Ape Torches for sure, they're surface area will be much more stable than the snowjams. If you can ski, then you can skiboard. The same motions and stuff are involved. If you can ski really good, then it should just take a run or two to get use to skiboards and you'll be fine.

Comment

yea skiing and skiboarding are pretty similar but w/out the length of a ski.
      Boards:
      Line mnp (bug)
      Revel8 revolt (cites)
      Bindings:
      Line ffpro (gold/orange)

Comment

Apetorches... Probably

I own the 99cm SnowJams, and I'd have to agree, go with the Apetorches (if the Loken boards had been on the market when I bought, I would have gotten those). The SnowJams are more ski-like, thinner, and asymmetrical, while the Lokens are fully symmetrical and wide, so a real, full blown, skiboard. Only towards the end of the season did I discover the joy of a real skiboard, but the difference is phenomenal.

One thing you may want to consider is spending a little more on something with a sintered base. The only reason the Lokens weren't considered in my recent upgrade is they all have extruded bases (I ended up with the Spruce 120s). Sintered bases are faster if properly maintained, but do require more maintenance.

Comment

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? What resorts do you frequent? What snow conditions do you most commonly encounter?

These are some of the most imortant factors when considering the right board for you.

Comment

I'm 5 foot 10 inches, weight 150lbs, and I encounter groomed runs, powder, and icy conditions sometimes.

Comment

wait for the fall when the new boards come out.
              REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

what new boards will be coming in the fall?

Comment

Working...
                X