Friend wants to try skiboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend wants to try skiboarding

Ok so close friend of mine is talking about trying skiboarding.

She's been taking snowboarding lessons but hasn't perfected some of the basic maneuvers like linking, 360s, or going down the hill while being on the heels.

I told her that I can let her borrow my skiboards but she'll have to rent ski boots.

She does have experience in roller skating, ice skating, and roller blading years ago and she thinks she can skiboard. She has no skiing experience.

Should she take skiing lessons first or should I teach her just the basics like stopping, slowing down, and turning?
    Jon C.
    Skiboarder Noobie
    Snowjam 90cm w/Extreme II
    Snowjam 75cm w/ Extreme II

no man stick her on skiboards and let her go, i took one lesson when i was 4 years old on skis and that was it
    REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

i took my GF out this weekend for the first time.....this was the extent of the lessons i gave her:

"ok stick your feet in there"

"ok, if you start going too fast just do what that little kid over there is doing (toe's inwards snowplow)"

"bend your knees"

"go"

she was goin down the greens runs within 30 mins (slowly though, but going)

Comment

I wouldn't get lessons. I skied a couple of times when I was a kid, then snowboarded for a few years in my 20's. Then I didn't do anything for awhile when I decided to try skiboarding. I had no one to teach me anything, so I just jumped on them and hit the bunny slope a few times, then I was off to harder runs. She should be ok without lessons!
        Ciao,
        Rachel

Comment

Just to make your life a bit harder... I would say a lesson won't hurt!

I inline skated a fair bit and got the hang of skiboarding realtively quickly, but took a lesson nevertheless. The stuff I've been taught made everything suddenly so much easier

It also gave me a better piste awareness. If your friend has not done much skiing/snowboarding a few runs with a trained instructor can really boost confidence.

But I guess it all depends on the person - no lesson needed if generally very confident.
          Line Five-0s w/Bomber Elites

Comment

Working...
          X