Already waxed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already waxed?

I just got my new snowjam 90cm skiboards today and was wondering if they're already waxed. It came factory sealed and my buddy is telling me when he first got his snowboard it was already waxed.

TIA
    Jon C.
    Skiboarder Noobie
    Snowjam 90cm w/Extreme II
    Snowjam 75cm w/ Extreme II

It doesn't hurt to wax them a second time. But I think it's recommended to wax them before you use them because the factory wax isn't suppose to be as good. I think they factory wax to just keep the bases from drying out.

Comment

Re: Already waxed?

Originally posted by BMWguy206
      I just got my new snowjam 90cm skiboards today and was wondering if they're already waxed. It came factory sealed and my buddy is telling me when he first got his snowboard it was already waxed.

TIA
      Most all boards come with a factory wax on them. But the thing to consider in your case is that the Snowjam is an extruded base, instead of a sintered one. If it were sintered, then giving it a couple of hotwax sessions before you hit the slopes would really give it a good load of wax. You can actually tell that the bases are soaking up the wax. The Snowjam 90 can also benefit from the hotwax before hitting the slope, but just not as much. You can probably get by with just giving it some extra rubon wax, and maybe hitting it at again midday while you are eating lunch. I always keep a piece of cork with me to rub it in nice and good.
      I have both sintered and extruded - I have the Snowjam 90 also - and I can tell you that it's always nice to have hotwax on it, because it does seem to last longer, but a rub-on wax will do you nicely, as well.
      I love the mountains - summer or winter! Hiking, Biking or Snow Riding - just can't be beat.

Comment

Thanks for the info. guys. I decided to get them hot waxed at a shop here (Sports Chalet) for like $5.00. It was a machine wax. They also have a hot hand wax option but I had to leave the skiboards there till the next day which is when I'll be using them.

The techs there had a shocking look to their face when the saw the skiboards. Probably thinking "WTF is that?"

LOL
        Jon C.
        Skiboarder Noobie
        Snowjam 90cm w/Extreme II
        Snowjam 75cm w/ Extreme II

Comment

Working...
        X