Need help quick - ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help quick - ASAP

Heading to tahoe (kirkwood) to try skiboarding on tuesday/wednesday - couple quick questions before we head out.

Where can I rent skiblades in tahoe? if no rentals are available where can I buy?

sizing - am I too big for these?
    6'4" - 290lb
    if not then what size (length) should I shoot for? suggestions on brand?

wife is 5'4" - 165lb

thanks a ton in advance - hopefully this board is fairly active and can help me out on such short notice

Dave
    Dave | Elevendy

welcome dave. i don't know of a place in tahoe that rents quality skiboards but i know there are a couple forum members who live up there so they might be able to help. (i think though you'll only find crappy snowblades as rentals/sales in most every ski shop) as far as what we have in stock the spruce 120's or revel8 revolt would be good for someone your size and your wife would be best suited for snowjam 75's or 90's depending upon her experience on snow. you can see all the boards i've mentioned in our skiboards section and compare them here

btw, we could ship tomorrow(today) via overnight or 2day UPS to the address where you're staying in Tahoe.

have fun at kirkwood, great mountain.

g

Comment

Thanks a ton Greco - Talked to the wife and she (like most) wants tomake sure that she likes them before we plunge in and buy. I'm hoping someone helps out with a rental shop. I'll be calling a bunch of places in town this afternoon.

If we can get them rented and we like them - i'm sure we'll buy here - i'll probably go with the revel8

Thanks,
      Dave
      Dave | Elevendy

Comment

During the five years that I rode 80 cm snowblades, i weighed apx. as much as you do now, and that went fine for me. Now that I've changed to 99.5 cm, very wide skiboards, I must say I do love the stability, speed and powder floatation I get from them.

But I think you will be just fine renting blades for your first tries If you like it, then think how it would feel if you got faster, and a lot more stable equipment, then you know how proper skiboards feel

Riding El Bajong Freeride skiboards with Bomber elite bindings

Comment

just know that it will be 100x better on real skiboards, so if you like the skiblades, remember that. my local ski shop doesn't seem to know the difference... they pretty much think skiboarding is just this novelty and consequently only carries salomons..

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by whitedime
            just know that it will be 100x better on real skiboards, so if you like the skiblades, remember that. my local ski shop doesn't seem to know the difference... they pretty much think skiboarding is just this novelty and consequently only carries salomons..
            Thats how Norway, and most of Europe look at skiboarding, except they tend to sell blades that are a lot worse than your average Salomon blade.

Riding El Bajong Freeride skiboards with Bomber elite bindings

Comment

WHOA!!! these things are the shit!!!

We rented from a place called Powder House - they have Snowblades (Soloman). For our first time out these were fine but I think I'll be getting some Revel8's pretty soon.

We went to Kirkwood and ended up getting there late in a pretty good storm - we only had time for about 15 runs (all green - was with the wife, we're both fairly new) We were both able to get moving pretty good - I fell once - she fell once.

I think we'll have to look into whether or not snowboard boots work with these - those ski boots kill my shins and calves - OW!

thanks again for the help - I'll be around researching boards, bindings, and boots for my huge ass (size 14) feet.

Thanks,
              Dave
              Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Originally posted by dcox20
                WHOA!!! these things are the shit!!!

I think we'll have to look into whether or not snowboard boots work with these - those ski boots kill my shins and calves - OW!

thanks again for the help - I'll be around researching boards, bindings, and boots for my huge ass (size 14) feet.

Thanks,
                Dave
                if they hurt your calves you (might have had them too tight or the boots too small, get fitted at a ski shop) but other then that if you want more comfortarble boots, try something like this:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

i just bought a set and they'll arrive today i'll let you know how they do, they are alot softer on the inside and have a thermo liner that molds to you foot

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                X