How much difference does 5 cm make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much difference does 5 cm make?

How much will I feel the difference between the revel8s and el bajongs or other lokens? I don't have a lot of experience on skiboards - so I don't know what I am comfortable with... What do you guys suggest for a former skier and skater? I am def. going to go with nonrelease bindings, but I don't know what to do about the boards... Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

i'd get the shorter ones... for some reason everytime i see someone with the revels im amazed at how long they are...

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

zild, how tall are you and how much to you weight? what kind of skiboarding are you gonna be doing? park powder trees carving?
      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

That 5cm makes a lot of difference but I think the width of them has a lot to do with it too. I would love to try the Lokens but can't justify another set this season so I will stick to my Revolts. If you're on the larger size, I HIGHLY recommend the Revolts. They rip up anything you throw at them. I can't say anything in comparison the Lokens but compared to the other boards I've ridden, the Revolts handle the best in all conditions.

Comment

I'm 5'7 and 125, so I'm guessing I should probably go with the lokens based on what you guys have said? Everyone says such glowing things about the revel8s, but I am just not sure if that extra 5cm will be too much... Thanks so much for all the advice!

Also, forgot to say I will probably be all over the mountain, my only experience with park stuff was when i snowboarded one season, but I love skiing moguls and I generally see a lot of powder where I ski so... probably a little bit of everything, but not a lot of park.
          Last edited by Zildj555; 02-11-2006, 12:14 PM.

Comment

the extra 5 cm actually isnt a lot, thats only 2.5 cm on each end, thats not even an inch.
            Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X