wrist guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrist guards

should i use wrist guards when skiboarding?

i dont but if you hurt your wrists a lot, then wear em
    beauty is knee deep...

Comment

It's entirely up to you. I personally don't wear them and have only hurt my wrist once, and that was nothing major, just tweaked it a little bit. If you feel safer with them then wear them. If you aren't worried about hurting your wrists then don't worry about em. I would definately reccomend a helmet however.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

definite on the helmet, it seems fewer and fewer people are " too cool" for helmets these days, which is nice. i never seem to fall on my arms, i tend to fall on my shoulder and make a nice divot in the snow... so maybe shoulder pads. lol

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

It seems like wrists get injured more frequently when you fall straight forwad or backward, like when snowboarding or in-line skating. In these types of sport-falls, it is a natural instinct to put your hands out to break the fall, which is where wrist injuries occur.

With skiboards, I think it is a lot harder to fall that way flat on your face or straight back. I agree that when I fall, I usually land on my shoulder or hip. Lol... snow divets! I like that!

However if you would be more comfortable with wrist guards, wear them! Definately! I don't think you would even notice them, really. I screwed up my thumb two years ago (skiing before I discovered skiboarding) and had to wear a wrist / thumb brace for a bit, and it didn't interfere at all.

Above all, please do wear a helmet! Traumatic brain injury is no fun.

GAWD!!!! I sound like such a freakin' smarty-pants! Sorry about that :-(
          Last edited by amy-k-omatic; 02-10-2006, 06:57 AM.
          http://www.glintofhope.com

Comment

Originally posted by amy-k-omatic

Above all, please do wear a helmet! Traumatic brain injury is no fun.
            yea, even mild head injuries tend to suck balls. . . most of us can't afford to lose any more brain cells.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Permanent drain bamage? I have no brain damagedamagedamge.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

'08 KTPs

Comment

hee hee!
                http://www.glintofhope.com

Comment

Re: wrist guards

Originally posted by mchi0511
                  should i use wrist guards when skiboarding?

I use them when snowboarding, have no need for wristguards when skiboarding, although plan to use much armor when grinding on skiboards, cause I'm old. (52)

Dan

Comment

If you want wrist support but don't want to wear true wrist guards, there are gloves with plastic wrist braces built in to them, like these They're a bit on the pricey side, and I bet you could find em in a store somewhere around you, but this is just to give you an idea of what they are.
                    I do it because I can.
                    I can because I want to.

'08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                    X