landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landing

Ive started skiboarding this year...and i must say i get stoked everytime i hit the slopes...but this year as im learning the jumps i have the worst time landing them ....i started doing small jumps on a corner here and there but as i progress to the bigger jumps i cant seem to land it....is there any tricks or tips you guys can advise? should i go faster ? or slower? lean forward lean backwards? i dont know...thanks for ur help..btw im a bit of an old timer....thanx

it depends on what happens when you try to land. do yo always fall on your butt? if so then you'll want your weight more forward. generally try to land with your weight over your bindings or a little forward with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands forward, that's a big one if you're landing on your butt, you're hands should be out in front of you.

g

Comment

ive fallen on my butt several times so i tried to compensate and yesterday i was falling on forward landing face down most of the time..i ve yet to get the right balance but my biggest fear is when im up on the air and the feeling of maybe wiping out...thanx again greco..

Comment

Originally posted by mchi0511
        ive fallen on my butt several times so i tried to compensate and yesterday i was falling on forward landing face down most of the time..i ve yet to get the right balance but my biggest fear is when im up on the air and the feeling of maybe wiping out...thanx again greco..
        I really think big airs are about 75% mental, if you think you are going to fall, you're gonna fall. you have to have a rock solid resolve of
        " I'm going to do it " that was the only way I stopped being a box and tried my first rail box yesterday, on your approach just get low tense up and say to yourself do it do it do it hold nothing back....

btw what kind of boards do you have? length, brand

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

ive got some line pros 99cm with a solomon releasable bindings .....thats the other thing too...when i went to killington the week before i hit the box and flat out fell ...guess ur right ..its probably more mental than anything else...

Comment

are they four holes or eight hole bindings? are they the " new style " line skiboards ? i found those very tough to land big airs on

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

these are the ones i got

http://www.skiboards.com/skiboardsoutlet/pro98qm.html

and the bindings i got was the solomon 8 holes non release bindings my mistake ...i said i had the releasable earlier

Comment

Working...
              X