Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen skiboards, need advice on next purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen skiboards, need advice on next purchase.

Hey guys,

This is my first year skiing and im enjoying it alot. I just got my pair of low quality skiboards stolen so I need something new. Im currently looking at the Revel8s and Loken El Bajongs and they both seem interesting. I see no point in buying something cheap once again since I know im gonna be skiing for a while and id rather buy quality material right now.

I must say I am a bit concerned about the length of the revel8s but I believe id be fine with them since im 6'2. I havent hit the park yet but I plan on jumping and grinding alot next year.

I also need new bindings and have read good things about the bomber elites, im not too sure about releasables for now.

Any comments / suggestions?

Hey Zhogin, welcome to SBOL.

I'd highly recommend the Revel8 Revolts. I'd only skied on Salamon Blade 90's before I got the Revolts and I got used to the extra length in a matter on seconds. I've only been able to spend a couple of hours on them so far, but they're a far superior board to the Blades.

Klaus

Comment

get a lock this time for sure! I carry my boards everywhere but i have a lock if i had to leave them somewhere.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

are there any downsides in having low height bindings (bombers). Is it easy to get used to?

Comment

Took me less than a day to go from Canon Thias bindings (really tall) to the bombers. I've heard great things about the Revolts, but if you are worried about length grab yourself some Loken boards. They look like the will perform quite well. I'm planning on getting myself a set as soon as I can afford them.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

From what i see and hear, you are definately on the right track. Revel8 and Loken both produce high quality boards. Also, the bombers seem to be the weapon of choice so i'd go with them but i also hear the line ff's arent bad either.
            06 Line Pro 99cm

Comment

Working...
            X