is it as easy as they say???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it as easy as they say???

ok, im a snowboarder (not a very good one), but i get by. anyway, i was considering changing to skiboarding kuz i heard how easy it is, especially if you already know how to skate, and i had played hockey for a good 7 years or so. so i guesse what im asking is are the rumors true about it being THAT easy?... oh check out my new rap song on myspace... www.myspace.com/bunnyslippazakabslip.... thnx

oh and 1 morething, what are the pros/cons of the non releasable bindings as opposed to the releasable?

Comment

Most people are able to pick up enough skiboarding to make it down black runs in a day, espescially if they are experianced skaters. Some of the stuff in the parks can be much more challenging on skiboards, as is riding on ice and crud. I haven't ridden the new Revel8 boards yet, but from what I hear they make riding the crud and ice easier than on most skiboards.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Non-Releaseable: They are just that, they don't release. Depending on you size and boards this could result in injury. Many of us ride non releaseables and haven't run into any problems. Others have, such as here . It all really depends on how worried you are.
        Releaseables: These weigh more, cost the same or more than high end nonrelease bindings, and they release on falls. Some people rave about the spruce bindings as doing everything that they need, but I have heard some stories of people having problems with them and them eating up boots
        The main decision between the two is if you feel comfortable with the boards not coming off of your feet on a hard fall.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

k thanks man.

Comment

If your boards are under 100cm then I wouldnt worry too much but as you go over 100 your chances of injury are greater but not too much to worry about. Mostly on twisting falls. Although many ride the Revel8 105's and the MIX ALP 110's with non release and there have been no reported injuries from it. Above that such as a 120cm is a bad idea for non release.
            Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

that rap sounds pretty cool man, sounds like you need a new microphone though, sounds like its going through a telephone. come to butternut on sunday if you're in the area, we're getting a few guys up there

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

It is relatively easy, I think. Before skiboading, I went skiing and snowboarding. After getting my gear, I went to Tahoe and got on the beginner lift, to my surprise, I didn't eat it getting off the lift. After a few runs on the beginner slope, I went on the intermediate runs the same day. So I say, if you can snowboard, you can definitely skiboard!

I have unreleasable bindings, Bomber Bindings, mounted on Canon Heritage boards. From my experience, they haven't been a problem at all. In fact, they are very responsive. I haven't tried releasable bindings, but if falling is your concern (it was mine), you need not worry if your boards are under 100CM. Just make sure when you fall, as with any sport, try to spread your weight as much as you can, and avoid falling on your wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by OxidizedSol
                  Just make sure when you fall, as with any sport, try to spread your weight as much as you can, and avoid falling on your wrist.
                  tuck and roll.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

i've seen a few broken collerbones/dislocated shoulders from your duck and roll stratigy, i suggest sliding it out with your feet off the ground
                    REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny W
                      i've seen a few broken collerbones/dislocated shoulders from your duck and roll stratigy, i suggest sliding it out with your feet off the ground
                      Yep, I broke my sholder second year skiboarding with a roll.

Comment

Working...
                      X