Newbie Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here

I'm new to skiboarding and this forum. I've been trying to do lots of research before I went out and bought a pair.
    I went skiboarding for the first time in Dec, we spent a week in Austria. I was sold on my first run. I've both skied and snowboarded. My husband and friend had me going down trails I would have never tried on a snowboard. So by our next trip I was even bold enough to try jumps. I even had knee surgery 4 months ago and still could spend the whole day on the mountain, except for the "hot wine" breaks.
    So anyway, now that I am sold, I'm wondering what would be a good fit for me. I'm 5'7", about 145. I'd prefer release bindings, (I've tried both release and non release with my rentals and feel safer with release.)
    BTW, I've learned more from this forum than scouring the internet. Thanks!
    Ciao,
    Rachel

Re: Newbie Here

Originally posted by InItalia12
    I'm new to skiboarding and this forum. I've been trying to do lots of research before I went out and bought a pair.
    I went skiboarding for the first time in Dec, we spent a week in Austria. I was sold on my first run. I've both skied and snowboarded. My husband and friend had me going down trails I would have never tried on a snowboard. So by our next trip I was even bold enough to try jumps. I even had knee surgery 4 months ago and still could spend the whole day on the mountain, except for the "hot wine" breaks.
    So anyway, now that I am sold, I'm wondering what would be a good fit for me. I'm 5'7", about 145. I'd prefer release bindings, (I've tried both release and non release with my rentals and feel safer with release.)
    BTW, I've learned more from this forum than scouring the internet. Thanks!
    I like the old Line 5-0's, I have 7 pairs of them, but almost any board that SBOL sells is good quality. I stick with under 98's myself, but some guys ride 110 -120's. I also like the slim profile of the old Lines as compared to the deep cut waists of some other boards, but it is just personal preference. Try as many boards as you can.

Good luck,

Dan

Comment

Hi there, I also like the old Line boards a lot (also have a pair of Line 5-0's). I find really wide boards a bit intimidating -- but I guess Dan is right, it is personal preference.

I am going to Austria next week :-)
      Did you see a lot of skiboarders?

Nic
      Line Five-0s w/Bomber Elites

Comment

I am going to Austria again this weekend for 4 days to St. Veit. When I was in Alpbach, I saw 2 young kids riding skiboards, right when I came off the gondola, never saw them again the rest of the week.
        My husband went to Nassfeld, Austria a few weeks ago and said there were a lot of skiboarders.
        Where in Austria are you going?
        Ciao,
        Rachel

Comment

Hi Rachel, I am going to St Anton on the 25th. Last time I was there - a few years ago now - I tried to snowboard (unsuccessfully ;-) ) ... didn't really notice skiboarders that much.

Although even back then I was tempted to give skiboards a go, they just looked great fun.

So I was just wondering how skiboarding is received etc in Austrian resorts.

And lucky you!!! I wish I could go skiboarding more often. I am usually going once a year - if I am lucky we organize another long weekend break.

Regards,

Nic
          Line Five-0s w/Bomber Elites

Comment

I haven't had any problems. When my husband was up in Nassfeld, he said the snowboarders and skiboarders outnumbered the skiers.
            For this trip we are going through www.siegitours.com
            Its' only euro 138/adult for 3 nights including breakfast and dinner. Prices for kids are cheaper. I think lift tickets are like euro 33/day. They speak english and have all sorts of entertainment. FYI- over easter for 6 days it's euro 294 for the same benefits. I'll let you know how it was!
            Ciao,
            Rachel

Comment

boards

hi all i of to les arcs on the 19 feb

i have some of them new revel8 there totaly amzzzing but you they seam very big till you get off the lift and hit the first run there a just out of this world you can carve so hard (but they do cost a bit) the extra width and lenth makes sence once you hit your first run

Just do ! your long time dead

graeme the pineapple

Comment

Originally posted by Nic61
                Hi there, I also like the old Line boards a lot (also have a pair of Line 5-0's). I find really wide boards a bit intimidating -- but I guess Dan is right, it is personal preference.

I am going to Austria next week :-)
                Did you see a lot of skiboarders?

Nic

The slimmer profile seem to catch less tips for me with my style of riding. Although I do not like em too slim like snowblades. The old Line's were a good compromise on width and sidecut as well as having good flex and camber. Too bad they are extinct.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X