Broke my old boots. Binding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my old boots. Binding question

I used the revel8's with bomber elite bindings the other day for the first time, at Tyrol Basin

Oh Yeah they ARE that good.

This is my first time adjusting my own bindings. I always used to rent them or borrow from a friend who already had them adjusted. So I went up and down the bunny hill a few times and adjusted them a little each time.

At first they were too loose (I think). The toe clip kept popping off on one of the boots. Usually when I was just standing at the top or bottem of the hill, it never happened in the middle of a run. I tried to keep both the bindings exactly the same in terms of where the bolts were, but ususally they still felt a little different from each other.

I finally got them to where they didn't pop off and they stayed on for the rest of the day. I checked them each run and they stayed in the same place. So I thought I had adjusted them correctly.

AFTER i was done for the day and was walking back to the car with the ski boots still on one of them cracked. I wish I had a picture to show, but the whole toe and most of the front cracked and fell off.

Now, these were used boots and probably weren't that good to begin with but because of where they cracked the only explanation I could think of is the bindings were too tight on that side and pulled down on the front of the boot too much to fracture where it eventually broke off.

I guess I don't know exactly how tight to make the bindings. Shoud I just play with them some more? I want to know how to adjust them myself, not just have someone else adjust them to my boots and be set.
    Do you know why you are here?

the boots must have been cracked to begin with or really old, brittle plastic. in fact, this would explain why the binding was popping off. if the plastic was cracked and changing shape it could cause the binding to not fit properly. or you could have had them too loose. or you had the toe bail set screw too far in making the toe bail too far from the boot (you should just be able to get your finger tips between the toe bail and your boot).

as for how tight to make them you should be able to close and open them with having to put a little muscle into it. they shouldn't be really easy to open and shouldn't be too hard that you have to really struggle.

g

Comment

Thank's Greco,

Yes they were old crappy boots. I wasn't really suprised when they broke.
      Do you know why you are here?

Comment

Working...
      X