Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to Buy - Anyone Heard of Wed'ze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Buy - Anyone Heard of Wed'ze?

Hi, I've been put on to the forum from a UK site and it looks like a great place! I've been ski-boarding on rentals for the last few seasons and I'm now tempted to invest in a set of boards for myself. I'm off to Whistler at Easter and will hopefully get to Europe before then.

I have no experience on anything but rentals and reading through a few posts here it seems like there's a wealth of options available to me. I think I'd prefer 'ski style' bindings, I prefer to know the boards can come off if they need to. So any pointers to a style or actual make and model of board would be gratefully received.

I've been skiing for about twenty years, but only once a year at the most, nothing very local to Manchester in the UK unfortunately. I'll mainly be doing groomed runs, with a little play in the park. I'm just short of six foot and about 180 pounds.

A chain here in the UK has released a range called Wed'ze this year which are short skis, 132cm, with a releasable binding. They can be seen in the store here - http://tinyurl.com/985lo or they have a site dedicated to them here - www.wedze.com. They're a very reasonable price and I'm gonna give them a try at my local snow dome later in the month. Has anyone heard of these or have any opinion?

TIA for any help

Klaus
    Last edited by Klaus; 01-04-2006, 08:13 AM.

I think they're a bit long to be considered a skiboard...I know they're foam core...if you're looking for something longer than 100cm I'd say go for the Spruce 120s, reviews have been great on them.
    105cm Revel8 EMPs
    82cm Groove Retros
    Bomber Bindings All The Way!

Comment

Thanks for the reply TreeLover. Excuse my ignorance, but foam core = good or bad?

Klaus

Comment

Bad...read the snowblades thread here for details...for all intensive purposes the skis you're talking about are like salomon snowblades.

http://www.sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/...&threadid=1218
        105cm Revel8 EMPs
        82cm Groove Retros

Comment

Thanks for the pointer TreeLover, that's a great thread!

Klaus

Comment

No prob!
            105cm Revel8 EMPs
            82cm Groove Retros

Comment

In addition to the foam cores, the profile on those look far more like skis than skiboards. They have about the same width dimensions as the Spruce Flyers (which already feel more ski-like from all reports), but with an extra 30+ cm in length. That combined with the setback of the bindings make them look much more like a kid's ski to me...
              Dave

Comment

foam coer

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                X