New to Skiboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Skiboarding

Hi i'm thinking of purchasing skiboards but dont know what kind would be good for me. ive skied and snowboarded but never skiboard. (skies feel more comfortable though) I'm about 5'5 and weigh around 110. also i would like to do some tricks later on. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks!

revel8 revolts with bombers or spruce risers depending on if you like releasables.
    or if your looking for something shorter if you can find some canon heritage or some older line boards maybe you can get some.

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

are revolt's too long for someone that's 5'5''? - with non-release that is....

Comment

ya i think the revel8 might be a little long for you, you might be more comfortable on a pair in the early 90's range. check out the SnowJam 90's, they are a great entry level to advanced skiboard and are great for parc

i ride the canon heritage, which are very smilar to snowjam 90s, and im about 5'7" and 140 lbs
        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

thanks for the suggestions im leaning towards the snowjam 90's with bomber elite bindings. what kind of boots would go with this?

Comment

i just bought salomon minimax, are they good or bad?
            and how do i start doing tricks, like doing small 180s and stuff?

Comment

The Salomon's aren't very good boards. They're really narrow, have a foam core, and have the cheap 8 hole bindings, but most of us learned on a pair anyways. They'll work for you for a little while as long as you aren't too hard on them, but after a little while you'll definately want to upgrade to better boards. The best advice for learning tricks is to just go for it and don't hesitate. Before my last trip I had never hit a box, and the only one that the place I was at looked somewhat intimidating for a first box. After seeing it twice I just said screw it, I'm hitting it, and that day I learned to hit boxes and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.
              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
              '08 KTPs

Comment

definently learn how to grind. rails is where its at. i basically only learned how to grind because all our jumps are huge and you can never learn anything new on huge jumps that you could break something easily on. start out with ride on rails. keep your feet apart turned compeltly sideways with a bit more weight on your front foot. easy enough

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

Working...
                X