No announcement yet.

Noob Skiboard Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just have to stick in my 2 cents. Similar size to you 155 5'6", got the snowjam 90's based on Grecos recommendation, also a last minute purchase and ship. (Thanks very much Greco by the way). Any way very happy with the purchase, crappy conditions where I was (Dodge Ridge, one day ice one day raging blizzard) but they performed excellently. VERY good on steep, like walking down hill. Carving is easy but more exagerated. Tougher on crud, similar to regular skis but you aren't tracking so it feels kind of flabbery, a workout for your legs. Anyway first day of skiboarding and I was on black diamonds within hours. New to me so take all this wtih agrain of salt, different, but lots of fun.

Comment

It's In

You probably already saw it, but the order is in.

Comment

SnowJam 90s

Kage,

I'm still not 100% sure on the 99s vs the 90s, but I decided to go for the 99s anyway. I figure if I really don't like them after the end of the season, I can sell them and get something else for next season. The idea of a bit more stability definitely appeals to me.

And it does sound like you're more aggressive than I am on the slopes. After three times on skiboards (well, the K2 Fattys anyway) I'm up to the harder blue stuff, but no black yet. I've only had the one day on powder and found it fun, but frustrating too. Maybe next time once I get the feel of the new SnowJams down I'll start doing some blacks.

And hey, you're in Santa Cruz CA? I just moved from there to Seattle. And recommendations on resorts in and around Tahoe for skiboarding? I ask because my gf are doing a trip down next week, for other reasons mainly, but she insists that I see what a Tahoe resort is like. Barring any issues with the order or shipping, it'll be my first time on the SnowJams.

Comment

Re: It's In

thanks. invoice email will come this morning and tracking email later this evening when UPS picks up.

g

Originally posted by VaticDart
          You probably already saw it, but the order is in.

Comment

Thanks Greco

Awesome to find someone who sells something and has this much contact with their customers. Thanks again.

Hey, and I just got the invoice in my email box.

Comment

you're welcome. enjoy your new boards.

g

Comment

Working...
              X