What's the best length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best length?

Hello everyone! I am looking to buy some new boards. I've been skiboarding for almost 2 seasons... unfortunately, in my newbie ignorance, I bought some Salomon 99cm Snowblades to start off with, not knowing their many negative aspects. They were OK for me to learn on, but I have already outgrown them and I can't wait to loose 'em. So my biggest question is, what length should I go for?

I was looking into SnowJam 75cm's, but I'm not sure if I need a longer pair. Some specs:
    I am 5'5" and 170lbs -festively plump! lol... its all muscle ;-)
    I am probably an intermediate level skiboarder... I am a very good ice skater (ice hockey) and a decent roller blader.
    I mainly ski on groomers and some powder, and I don't really hit the parks or jumps. My local mtn also sees a fair amount of ice.

So, should I go for the 75's like I wanted to, or would 90's be more appropriate? Thanks! :-)
    http://www.glintofhope.com

welcome!

for your size and experience i'd say go with the 90's if you want to mainly go fast and carve. go with the 75's if you really want a hyper maneuverable feel like when you ice skate and aren't too concerned with losing an edge when going fast. (shorter boards will force you to slow up do to the reduced edge length).

feel free to email me if you have any additional questions.. greco@skiboardsonline.com

Comment

Thanks so much for your advice :-) I picked up some SnowJam 90cm's yesterday (I caught a really good sale that I simply could not pass up) and hit the mountain today. We had about 7 inches of fresh natural snow, so the conditions were great... and the boards were awesome! Much faster than I thought they'd be, and super easy to carve... I never lost my edge the way I occasionally would with the Salomon 99's. Great stuff! Thanks again for the helpful advice :-)
      http://www.glintofhope.com

Comment

Working...
      X