New skis and boots...but which?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New skis and boots...but which?

Hey, I'm thinkin' about pickin up a pair of skiboards. Should I go with Spruce 120's or the Revel8 Revolts (105 cm)? Along with this, what type of boots will fit either of these? I'm 6'1. I've gone up for the past 2 years (only about 4 weekends each year) and I've ridden on an old pair of my buddies Salomons. I'm maily looking for something for downhill, and will handle well on "icy" slopes (which is usually how Crystal is...). I've also gone on long skis, which I absolutely hated. Any answers would be helpful, thanks...

-Nimrod

P.S.- Releasable bindings would be nice as I'm known to take a spill from time to time.
    Last edited by Nimrod911; 12-28-2005, 07:26 PM.

how tall are you? what type of skiboarding do you think you want to do? are you worried about having bindings that don't release? what experience do you have skiboarding/skiing? answers to these questions will help us help you.

g

Comment

Wow -- this is the same question (and circumstances) I'm in.

I just skiboarded on Snowblades yesterday and looooooooved it. I didn't do any tricks or anything, but loved the amount of control and speed you get on these guys. I wiped out twice - once because the binding released a little...prematurely. and the 2nd time I was just going too fast and hit a good bump I wasn't prepared for and it just launched me.

Apparently Snowblades are the cheapo boards, so I've been doin a little research. I'm 6'1 - 165lbs and am I'm looking at the Revel8 Revolts. I was worried about the length difference, but everyone says it's not noticable.

So, my question is what bindings and boots? I was looking at the releaseable bindings because they seem 'better' for some reason, but the boots you sell aren't recommended for releasabel bindings. Oddly enough, I wear a size US12 Nike shoe, but was fitted for size 29 boots when I rented ..29 converts to a US11, right?

Any info would be great and I can answer any Qs anyone might have. Thanks

-Brad
      PS. How long from when an order is placed until it's shipped? (assuming everything is in stock).
      -Brad

Comment

i wear 28.5 rossignol boots and i'm a size 11 / 10.5 US shoe size

Comment

orders are usually filled the same day they are placed, or the next day, and shipping to new jersey is overnight via ups ground. as for what bindings to get it's really a personal preference for release or non-release. if you're worried about the bindings not releasing and it's going to be on your mind, effecting your fun then choose releasables. if it's not a concern, non-release bindings are lighter and perform better. for boots, if you go with non release bindings you can get the boots we sell here or if you go with release bindings try to pick up a comfortable pair of ski boots with a walk mode.

g

Comment

Working...
          X