X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by Eclipse View Post
    My quads get so tired when I ride, but I'm pretty athletic and used to staying in a slightly squatted position a lot from playing roller derby. Are my quads just not used to the position I am in on my boards, or is it my gear? I have Snowjam 75cm boards w/ Spruce risers and Nordica Easy Move boots (all of which I got used because of limited budget). I am 5'9", about 175# and ride mostly blue groomers. I'm wondering if it is because the boards are so short so they don't have as much fore-aft stability, or if my boots put me in too much of a forward lean? I've been using this setup for about 3 years now, but only make it up to the mountain about 4-5 times a year. Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Do you feel like you fight to stay balanced? If so, going with longer boards could help. 75cm is pretty short. It could also be your boots if the forward lean is excessive. Like Fedfan mentioned, being relaxed can help. That's easier said than done sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Fedfan
    replied
    I've been dealing with cramping the last 2 yrs. I've tried increased hydration, compression shorts, etc., but nothing so far has ended it. However, someone's advice on a different matter has made a difference. When I complained about E2's being too long for me at Shred Fest 3 yrs ago, Wendell said 'technique' was key. It's made a world of difference in skiboaring in general, but now it seems to be helping with the quad cramping, too.

Cramping wasn't an issue my 1st season, but the last 2 have been pretty rough. I concentrate a lot on keeping my legs relaxed as much as possible. Hopefully, someone on here will have some additional advice. I was hoping a supplement of some sort would help, but so far I haven't found anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Eclipse
    started a topic Quad burn - is it me or my gear?

Quad burn - is it me or my gear?

My quads get so tired when I ride, but I'm pretty athletic and used to staying in a slightly squatted position a lot from playing roller derby. Are my quads just not used to the position I am in on my boards, or is it my gear? I have Snowjam 75cm boards w/ Spruce risers and Nordica Easy Move boots (all of which I got used because of limited budget). I am 5'9", about 175# and ride mostly blue groomers. I'm wondering if it is because the boards are so short so they don't have as much fore-aft stability, or if my boots put me in too much of a forward lean? I've been using this setup for about 3 years now, but only make it up to the mountain about 4-5 times a year. Any thoughts are appreciated!
Working...
X