Tuning the Edges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning the Edges?

Boarding on groomers, using them to "ski". do you guys tune/sharpen your edges? The benefits are easier and quicker turns/stopping correct?
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs
    2017 Sticky Icky Icky
    2016 Blunt XL
    2016 "B.Lyfe" Revolt

Spruce Riser w Tyrolia Attack 13
    Line FF Pro Gold Non-release

There are some people here that ride with 0 degree base and side angles (RVL8 boards come stock that way), but personally I always have a 1 degree angle on the side.

On narrower boards I use a 1 base and 2 side, wider boards 0.5 base and 1.5 side.

The benefit of a more acute angle (the side being more angled than the base) is greater edge hold when carving. If you like the edges to lock in, a sharper angle is better. Some people like more skidded turns, in which case 0-0 is probably fine.

As far as sharpening, I routinely sharpen after a few trips/if I see the edges dulling, so only a couple times a season, no too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More than equipment and even technique, sharpe edges can be the difference between skiing on hardpack with confidence, or sliding out on every turn. I believe a good tune is vital to good skiing.
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I will be making sure that the edges are finely tuned. I made my way over to the black diamonds tonight for the first time EVER and fell in love.
        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs
        2017 Sticky Icky Icky
        2016 Blunt XL
        2016 "B.Lyfe" Revolt

Spruce Riser w Tyrolia Attack 13
        Line FF Pro Gold Non-release

Comment

Working...
        X