Want To Try The Sport At A Low Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Try The Sport At A Low Cost

Hello, I am new to the idea of ski boarding but have seen other using them and thought that they would look like fun. I enjoy skiing and I feel as if they would be fun to play around with and just enjoy myself with. Unfortunately I have a relatively small budget and was wondering what a good but still cheap pair would be for beginners. I have looked around and found a lot out about them. I believe that I would be looking to buy something between 95 and 105 cm in length and I would like to use a pair of non release bindings, for which I already own a pair of ski boots. I would also like to say that I am a good skier (albeit I am more used to groomed runs than powder or the park) I am also 5'8" ish and around 200 lbs.
    I would appreciate any help in this matter!
    Thanks,
    Sam

Budget?
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Put a post on here saying roughly what you want to buy and approximately what you want to pay and see if anybody responds. Don't forget to say where you live because of shipping costs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

Try posting in the midwest regional section. Maybe someone near you would load you a pair for a day.

Comment

My budget is 300$ maximum for both the boards and the bindings, it seems like the revel 8 revolts would be nice but I don't know what kind of cheap bindings I can get. Thanks for all the feedback and I will look to see if anyone is selling some revolts for cheap on the forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quintiox View Post
            My budget is 300$ maximum for both the boards and the bindings, it seems like the revel 8 revolts would be nice but I don't know what kind of cheap bindings I can get. Thanks for all the feedback and I will look to see if anyone is selling some revolts for cheap on the forums
            You should be able to pull off something used for $300 (Boards and Bindings). I just offloaded a bunch of boards otherwise I would offer to sell you a set.

Here are some options around your price point:

$375 on Ebay for RVL8 BWPs with release bindings -- LINK

$229 on Ebay for Journey 87cm with Bombers -- LINK -- Bomber makes a quality binding, even though these are 1st Gen versions, that you could use on any skiboard. Journey made their boards with Hemp so if you don't like them you can smoke them.

I also suggest you create a new WTB (Want to Buy) thread in the Gear Trade Section of the Forum that posts the specs you are looking for -- Used RVL Boards with Quality Bindings (RVL Receptors, Bombers, Line FF Cams). And that you check through all the old posted items for sale. Many of these are posted, never sold, and never updated. Specifically check in with the following sellers:

https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16552 -- Summit Nomads with bindings
            https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16432 -- DLPs no bindings for $125+
            https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16550 -- BWPs with bindings for $200
            https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16447 -- Grab a pair of old Canon bindings for $35. Start with these and upgrade later.
            Boards:
            2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
            2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
            2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
            2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
            2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
            2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
            2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I will probably have a pair of Line MNPs for sale soon. I might also have a pair of virtually new Summit Nomad boards for sale as well (they are still brand new right now, have not yet ridden them). For both boards I want to ride them a couple of times to decide if I like them enough to keep them or sell them. I will also be selling Line FF Cam adjustable non-release bindings that I could bundle with either board.

Watch the for-sale forum here or PM me with an offer. I will likely know after this weekend if I will be selling these boards.

The Line MNP is a great groomed slopes board, excellent on icy and firm conditions, fast, good carver, very solidly built. The Nomad is s little stiffer flex, so I assume (have not ridden them yet) they will be good carvers on firm slopes too, especially for heavier riders.

I might also decide to sell my last pair of Spruce 120 boards, but have no bindings to go with them (they need release bindings on a Riser or custom-installed Tyrolia PR system bindings is an option too). Those I still have not decided if I want to keep or sell, unless you make me a good offer that I just can't refuse

To give you an idea of the price range I will be asking for these boards - each pair of boards will likely be between $120 and $150 shipped to most places in the US for the boards only. The bindings would add perhaps $30 to the package ($60 for the bindings only without a board purchase).

Comment

Someone from Canada just listed Revolts with release and non-release here: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16567

Comment

Working...
                X