Newbie here.... Thinking about renting a set of Skiboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here.... Thinking about renting a set of Skiboards

I currently snowboard and was thinking about trying a set of Skiboards since I have never ski'd. Therefore I was wondering if I can use my 4x4 bindings and soft boots off my snowboard with a set of rented/demoed ski boards from this site? Will this work , am I missing something?

Thank you !

Originally posted by JKeshler View Post
    I currently snowboard and was thinking about trying a set of Skiboards since I have never ski'd. Therefore I was wondering if I can use my 4x4 bindings and soft boots off my snowboard with a set of rented/demoed ski boards from this site? Will this work , am I missing something?

Thank you !
    Yes, the conversion kit.
    http://www.skiboardsonline.com/p/rvl8softbootkit.html
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Yes and No (or Maybe).

Yes -- You can use your snowboard boots with shorter skiboards (under 110cm) in a soft boot binding provided they are stiffer boots.

No (or Maybe) -- Your bindings may or may not work but will likely require some modifications. First, Skiboarding requires more lateral stability than snowboarding so you need a ridge highback binding and will need to add a third top strap and perhaps wings to the binding to get that stabilty. Next, you need to get the binding up off the board with a riser so you may need to add that to make it all work.

I am a hardboot guy and there are others here that ride softboots that will chime in with more details. SBOL sells at kit to convert bindings, as Gromit listed, but it's not cheap and I guess you are asking to save a little cash or at least save some before you commit to the sport.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys...My snowboard binding is a high back binding, therefore could I just add a binding riser??

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys...My snowboard binding is a high back binding, therefore could I just add a binding riser??
          A while back, Burton made some three strap bindings. I think that they were the Torque model? Do you have those or some similar three strap bindings?
          Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
          Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
          Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

This is my Ride LX binding that I would like to use....
            Attached Files

Comment

This is my Ride LX binding that I would like to use....
              You would likely have support problems with that binding. When you turn on skiboards, the angle of your lower leg controls the edges. Since standard snowboard bindings like those don't have support on the upper boot to the left and right, you will have a difficult time transferring your power to your boards.

You definitely *can* ride like this, but it will feel really sloppy and will be difficult to control.

If you take a look here, notice the third top strap to provide extra support. This really makes a big difference.

Comment

Ok great....thanks so much for the info guys, huge help !

Comment

You need the top strap and preferably the wings. That's what makes the soft boot work with skiboards.

If you are just looking to try some boards through the SBOL Demo program it looks like you can rent softboot bindings with the demo package or even just the upgrade kit. Check with Greco at SBOL but it would be worth it to get the full experience.
                  Boards:
                  2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                  2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                  2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                  2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                  2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                  2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                  2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                  2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
                  X