Picking the right bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking the right bindings

Hi everyone. Looking for some info on bindings.

I am considering the releasable bindings as an option. Looking at both the spruce models i notice the brake width differs. If i was to go with the 115 mm for say the Revolt, are they adjustable so that i would make them super wide if i went the way of Condors or a similarly wide board?

Are the risers able to be seperated from the bindings so you can change out the regular ski binding parts or is it an all in one?

I am hoping not to limit my options if i go this route so any info on bindings would be great.

Thanks

It's possible to bend the 15 mm brakes wider, but it's not recommended and takes a bit of work. It's also not recommended that you remove the bindings from the riser. There really is no need.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by spacecadet88 View Post
      Are the risers able to be seperated from the bindings so you can change out the regular ski binding parts or is it an all in one?
      The binding is just screwed to the riser but the predrilled holes on the risers are designed for the bindings that come with them so you should not swap out for a different bindings. You can however remove and/or upgrade the brakes easily if you go with a wider board. So by choosing the Spruce bindings you are not limiting your options in any way. They will work with any high quality skiboard that has inserts in a 4x4 or 4x10 mounting pattern (All RVL8, Spruce, and most Summit Boards plus others).

If you are starting with the Revolts and then upgrade to a super wide board I suggest you just do what a lot of riders do and remove the brakes completely and add leashes. You don't need the brakes but most resorts require that you have some device to arrest the slide of your boards if they release. Leashes will do this and will also give you the added benefit of being able to find your boards if you lose them in deep powder.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Thanks everyone. Makes sense to me. Appreciate the feedback

Comment

Hi everyone,

Found the local Rvl8 dealer here in Canada and see they have the Revolts in stock but no bindings. How hard is it to mount the spruce releasable bindings if i ordered those direct from SBOL. Just hoping to be able to support the local shop carrying the boards if possible. I assume the 4x4 binding inserts will make mounting the riser with bindings already attached fairly straight forward? Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone,

Found the local Rvl8 dealer here in Canada and see they have the Revolts in stock but no bindings. How hard is it to mount the spruce releasable bindings if i ordered those direct from SBOL. Just hoping to be able to support the local shop carrying the boards if possible. I assume the 4x4 binding inserts will make mounting the riser with bindings already attached fairly straight forward? Thanks
            Very easy to mount. Jeff will already have set up the bindings to your boot size. All you need is to attach it to the mounts using the 4 bolts per board. They should be tight, but do not overtighten them.

As per the instructions you'll receive with bindings you might want to take them to a local shop just to check that the boots fit the bindings properly, but that is your own call.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
            Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
            Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
            Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Hi everyone,

Very easy. The binding is already secured to the riser, all you do is attach the riser to the 4x4 inserts on the boards with the screws provided. Takes a screwdriver and 30 seconds.
              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. Much appreciated. Can't wait to get my gear

Comment

Working...
                X