X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out unofficialsquaw's post today

http://unofficialsquaw.com/words/200...-on-skiblades/

man i dislike that term

for some reason I hate hearing it too...that or snowlerblades, I can't tell which is worse.
    Revel8 ALPdors
    Gold Revel8 Receptors
    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
    ____
    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

you must be speaking of snowlersnades... possibly icelshrades? but sicccckkkkk video tho, kid bounces so high tryin the olsen
      facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
        you must be speaking of snowlersnades... possibly icelshrades? but sicccckkkkk video tho, kid bounces so high tryin the olsen
        olsen?? you mean the wilson? he did that shit way before anyone else was even thinking about it. that video was shot april 2000, i was there

Comment

:-) I may have added a comment... retards.
          Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Originally posted by dcox20 View Post
            :-) I may have added a comment... retards.
            Dave...great, I grant you one reputation point for the comment over there. Great job man
            Revel8 ALPdors
            Gold Revel8 Receptors
            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
            ____
            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

The unfortunate reality is there is no way to directly combat this sort of thing beyond living it. I am personally convinced that skiboards, on top of being outrageous fun and offering the best platform for self expression they are in practical terms all the "ski" 99.99% of people will ever need. Skiboards absolutely excel everywhere except the true extremes. Feel like hucking off 100 foot cliffs? You'll be better off with something other than skiboards. Enjoy 40+ foot gaps? If safety is an issue for you then another tool would do better. Looking to set the new snow ski world speed record? You'll want to pass on skiboards. Now, how many people do this type of thing? Very few. But, if you let a better mousetrap into the game then you are essentially admitting to the giant lies and bullcrap you've been shoving down everybody's throat for decades. Didn't you know that absolutely everyone needs the latest model Volkl ski in order to spend 85% of their time on the local groomers? Of course, what is being sold is despite your weekend warrior status, we know you have innate, professional level skills and it's only a matter of proper planning for you to spend each and every weekend in the Alaskan backcountry getting sponsored heli runs on terrain that is appropriate for a person of your ability. I for one am glad they are douchebags. Why? Because, I get to feel all kinds of better about myself and all I have to do is breathe. These types are doing us a huge favor. I'm up for sending them a thank you card and case of scotch.
              "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                The unfortunate reality is there is no way to directly combat this sort of thing beyond living it. I am personally convinced that skiboards, on top of being outrageous fun and offering the best platform for self expression they are in practical terms all the "ski" 99.99% of people will ever need. Skiboards absolutely excel everywhere except the true extremes. Feel like hucking off 100 foot cliffs? You'll be better off with something other than skiboards. Enjoy 40+ foot gaps? If safety is an issue for you then another tool would do better. Looking to set the new snow ski world speed record? You'll want to pass on skiboards. Now, how many people do this type of thing? Very few. But, if you let a better mousetrap into the game then you are essentially admitting to the giant lies and bullcrap you've been shoving down everybody's throat for decades. Didn't you know that absolutely everyone needs the latest model Volkl ski in order to spend 85% of their time on the local groomers? Of course, what is being sold is despite your weekend warrior status, we know you have innate, professional level skills and it's only a matter of proper planning for you to spend each and every weekend in the Alaskan backcountry getting sponsored heli runs on terrain that is appropriate for a person of your ability. I for one am glad they are douchebags. Why? Because, I get to feel all kinds of better about myself and all I have to do is breathe. These types are doing us a huge favor. I'm up for sending them a thank you card and case of scotch.
                free reputation for all in this thread...it's a festival of rep today, I've given more rep to people today than I think I have any week in the past.
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____

Comment

Terms don't bother me. Just shred the pow and stop caring what others think. Trying to explain the difference between the refined machine that G has created and skiblades to regular people is like trying to explain a rifle to a caveman. It's simpler to say, yeah, it's a spear.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                  Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                  Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

The simple fact of the matter is if a mind is closed then a mind is closed. When possible, I haul a 2nd set with me (Spruce 120's with Riser Pro's) and offer them up. That usually happens when someone notices how much fun I'm having. In my limited experience, snowboarders are more pliable than skiers. Sometimes, older skiers have said things like they were looking to go smaller. But, they usually mean they are looking to downgrade because they're having trouble handling full length anymore. So, it's a mixed bag. The good compliments are the unspoken ones. Like when skiers see you take down something nasty, see you being all kinds of free with your body and then down at the lift line they're starring down at your stuff. They don't know what to think because skiboards like Sherpa's sure aren't "skiblades". Yyou just flew through that pow stash, laid a few forearms down after you bounded back up onto the groom and looked all kinds of good doing it, too. Plus, that impossible to remove skiboarder smile. It all begs the question - how is he having so much fun?
                    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                      Feel like hucking off 100 foot cliffs?
                      Yes, know any good ones? In all seriousness though, I do plan on hitting a 60 footer this year. Even if it kills me
                      Originally posted by mahatma
                      Didn't you know that absolutely everyone needs the latest model Volkl ski in order to spend 85% of their time on the local groomers? Of course, what is being sold is despite your weekend warrior status, we know you have innate, professional level skills and it's only a matter of proper planning for you to spend each and every weekend in the Alaskan backcountry getting sponsored heli runs on terrain that is appropriate for a person of your ability.
                      This is pure comedic gold

I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X