X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DennisEvans
    replied
    funny, the D40 does a good job of tracking too but I like the illusion that is the feeling of controll. I hope I can get some shots up this year.

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
    Auto or manual focus G?
    usually auto. the 40D does a great job tracking.

Leave a comment:

• DennisEvans
    replied
    Auto or manual focus G?

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    Originally posted by oxenboxin View Post

What about exposing for the snow? Do you just trust the Canon AE, and fix any exposure errors later in lightroom, ACR or whatever? Do you use an incident meter?
    I trust the Canon and fix later. I don't use an incident meter.

Leave a comment:

• oxenboxin
    replied
    Originally posted by Greco View Post
    first you have to have good gear and then it's just about experience. i use a dakine backpack designed especially for photography to keep the stuff together & safe. it's a pain to ride with a pack of gear (when i'm carrying the gl2 it gets pretty heavy) but something i've resigned myself to. i'll ditch it every once in a while, it feels so good to ride "bare" . and then in the pack is a canon 40d with canon 70-200 L and 28-135 lenses.
    Yeah, I guess riding with a heavy pack of photo gear is basically the cost of promoting the sport and your brands. Of course, you get to write off all of your trips and photo gear as business expenses, so it's not all bad...

What about exposing for the snow? Do you just trust the Canon AE, and fix any exposure errors later in lightroom, ACR or whatever? Do you use an incident meter?

Leave a comment:

• DennisEvans
    replied
    Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
    What? No Nikon lenses?
    I know right?

Leave a comment:

• ElkCloner
    replied
    What? No Nikon lenses?

hehe

Props G, I don't think I have the required balance for filming and riding

Leave a comment:

• DennisEvans
    replied
    Originally posted by Greco View Post
    zed?

i have a dakine sequence. i think it was about 1 or 150
    I took a shot in the dark on the spelling, I thought it was said but I think I got it marked a misspelling on a paper last year so I went with zed, it was obviously wrong...lol

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
    G, how much does zed backpack cost? I plan on doing some photography on the hill this year.
    zed?

i have a dakine sequence. i think it was about 1 or 150

Leave a comment:

• DennisEvans
    replied
    G, how much does zed backpack cost? I plan on doing some photography on the hill this year.

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    These shots are amazing, Greco. Thanks for sharing the love. Makes Mondays a little more bearable for me.

Can you share any skiboarding photography tips with us? I've never bothered to bring a camera with me to the slopes because of concerns like:
    1. Crashing into something hard and busting my gear
    2. Trashing the gear by getting it wet
    3. Getting the exposure right in the white, white snow.
    4. Getting run over by out-of-control 8 year olds while taking a shot.

How do you keep your gear from getting hosed? Any tips for maximizing our chances of getting a decent shot?
    first you have to have good gear and then it's just about experience. i use a dakine backpack designed especially for photography to keep the stuff together & safe. it's a pain to ride with a pack of gear (when i'm carrying the gl2 it gets pretty heavy) but something i've resigned myself to. i'll ditch it every once in a while, it feels so good to ride "bare" . and then in the pack is a canon 40d with canon 70-200 L and 28-135 lenses.

Leave a comment:

• Davelynam
    replied
    [*]Getting run over by out-of-control 8 year olds while taking a shot.
    AKA Weekend warrior

Leave a comment:

• oxenboxin
    replied
    These shots are amazing, Greco. Thanks for sharing the love. Makes Mondays a little more bearable for me.

Can you share any skiboarding photography tips with us? I've never bothered to bring a camera with me to the slopes because of concerns like:
    1. Crashing into something hard and busting my gear
    2. Trashing the gear by getting it wet
    3. Getting the exposure right in the white, white snow.
    4. Getting run over by out-of-control 8 year olds while taking a shot.

How do you keep your gear from getting hosed? Any tips for maximizing our chances of getting a decent shot?

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    super cornice dropping shot today , G ... much as I love the park shots... great to include some shots for us free riding freaks !!!

Leave a comment:

• cn06
    replied
    August 19th's shot is amazing. It's usually pretty hard to tell a black is a black in photographs. That def is not the case with this shot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X