Backcountry Edit 2009 - Father and Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backcountry Edit 2009 - Father and Son

Here is a little Father and Son season end backcountry edit , sorry for the poor vid quality , all vid shot with a simple 100 dollar Canon still digital camera , all turns were earned by climbing first ... no chair lifts were used in the making of this movie !

Dad
    Jack , skiboarder
    age 57
    backcountry rides :
    Revel8 KTP, and Condor Skiboards
    Spruce Sherpa Longboard Skiboard

Son
    Jordan, Snowboarder
    age 15
    backcountry rides :
    GNU, Winterstick , and Burton Snowboards

special thanks to ski buddies and the other men behind the camera ... Bill and Micheal ... Thanks guys !!

Father and Son Backcountry Edit 2009 from jack jue on Vimeo.

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Very very nice. I will need to watch this twice a week or so for the next six months. Nice watching you bouncing the edge there toward the end to see if the slope would slip........
    Backcountry sure gets you the best snow, but you have to earn it!
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

Great compilation put to a great tune. I'll be watching
      this over and over to stay in the shredding mood.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

pretty slick video Jack! nice job.
        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
          . Nice watching you bouncing the edge there toward the end to see if the slope would slip........
          Valmorel , the bounce manuver is an instinctual one for backcountry riders and I find it very useful to me with skiboards particularly ... let me explore this a bit more ....
          when descending a big backcountry slope we are faced with descending the slope for the first time , sometimes like on lassen we have climbed a different line then the descent route and have very little idea of what the snow will be like on the descent ..
          if you watch carefully the vid , as Jordan drops the first pitch of Mt. Lassen on his snowboard he makes a turn and lets his snowboard go into a controlled side slip slide , then around to the other turn and slide .. this gives him some idea of what the slope snow and consistency is like , and like you say ,how stable the slope is .. , after these initial turns he is free to get into his rhythmic turns and flash the rest of the slope , after understanding more the snow ...
          on my skiboards , I make a few turns and realize that the snow is a bit tricky , it is soft with varying consistency ... i tend to have some start and stop effect , and some pitching fore and aft .. i want to really get a better feel of what the snow is like , collect myself and get into a better rhythm... so I make a traverse and bounce a bit this gives me an idea of the depth and consistency of the snow , how much my boards will catch or submarine in the snow and then I use the little bounce to unweight and get into the next turn .. the bounce also helps me get my balance dialed in on my short boards and understand where my weight needs to be fore and aft in the kind of snow I am dealing with .. it just takes a bounce or two on the traverse and then your body understands what to do .

all tricks to help with backcountry descents where there is no 2nd run and you want to make this one count and not fall ,

here is more on this bounce traverse technique

http://books.google.com/books?id=U_w...esult&resnum=1
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

And as you say, it becomes totally instinctive, just something we do on the traverse.
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Working...
            X