Shredfest Pics , Vid and Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredfest Pics , Vid and Blog

Hello All from the Tahoe Shredfest , Sorry I have not had any time to post or up to now , just having too much fun! In fact not much time for words now as am heading out to ride again this am ... . I hope others will post their pics and vid and thoughts here ... let me just say this was a most FABULOUS event , we got to ride with G , Ben , and Kirk and with a whole bunch of great new friends and old virtual friends who we have never met . Sunday was a day spent in a blizzard up at Kirkwood in which we divided into small groups .. Sorry that I did not get to ride with you El slurpo and sorry that you had to leave so soon and not join us on Monday ! Valmorel and I were to busy trying to follow G , Ben and Kirk as they went high speed off the steepest lines in Kirkwood , we did manage to keep up until towards the end of the day the guys decided to huck a cliff and we wisely chose a slightly safer and more suitable way down the mountain for our rather ancient and brittle bodies. conditions were great at Heavenly on monday , we had some sunshine , broken clouds, and snow storms all mixed together we were able to all ride together all day and it was just fabulous ...

Here is a vid clip of Ben showing his stuff in a snowstorm at Heavenly
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Valmorel shot some nice vid following folks riding , he has a quite steady hand holding his little digital camera

Here is pinkkid
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

A group of us did some very nice tree riding in some choppy pow ...

Valmorel is amazing riding the choppy pow covered moguls and shooting me with a hand held camera

Boards :
      Boots
      Bindings:

Comment

Here is Slow ..

Boards :
        Boots
        Bindings:

Comment

Here is our group ! great times and great memories !

Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

looks like u guys are having fun! glad you guys get a good meet out there too!
            sigpic

Comment

thats pretty sweet. Hopefully there will be lots off good things to come.

esp. out of that cliff hucking shots, im so jealous
              you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                Here is Slow ..

Hey I'm about as fast as slow now!
                ’07 Spruce Blue 120
                ’09 ALP 110
                ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
                ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
                ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

Comment

we did manage to keep up until towards the end of the day the guys decided to huck a cliff
                  How big of a cliff out of curiousity. I almost sent one with about 8 feet of exposure this weekend, but the landing was a little too flat and hardpacked to hit it. With a little bit of powder it was definitely solid though. I'm mostly curious because that is where I see my riding getting ready to progress.
                  I do it because I can.
                  I can because I want to.
                  I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                  '08 KTPs

Comment

Valmorel shot some nice vid following folks riding , he has a quite steady hand holding his little digital camera

Here is pinkkid
                    How did Pink like the 120s???
                    ’07 Spruce Blue 120
                    ’09 ALP 110
                    ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
                    ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
                    ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

Comment

That looks awesome. Especially after the Jay Jam, I really wish I had been able to make it out to Shredfest. Next year I'm hoping to do both.

Ha, that tree skiboarding is definitely different then what we have on this end of the country.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Just got back home from Shredfest. Heavenly had some of the best snow conditions folks had seen! Weather Sun at Kirkwood was wet snow and rain and wind... but we had FUN! Heavenly weather on Monday was better for sure but still had some high winds, but the gondola was open, yeah! They will be LOTS more pix and footage to come... lots.
                        I did ride the Spruce 120's in Kirkwood and I liked them!!!! They are great boards for sure and we'll be picking up another pair for my husband!
                        Today, Tuesday weather was ALL SUNSHINE and Sierra At Tahoe looked perfect for those who were able to ride today!
                        The best part was meeting everyone and just having fun together as a group on Skiboards! Everyone will definitely do it again next season and the next and the next... really cool to have met the R8 Team too, just a great nice fun group!
                        I must say that I think my feet issues which I have not had with the BWP's were from riding a longer nd heavier board! ugh.
                        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

sooo jealous that really looks like a great time! waiting to see more pics and vids from shredfest. glad you liked the 120 pinkkid, i knew you would. and picking up one for your husband says a lot about them that glade vid with jjue looks so freaking nice! i need to be on that kind of trail. glad that everyone had a great time meeting everyone and stayed safe. next time i say,next time...........
                          08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
                          08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

Gah, I really wish I could have been there. It looks like you guys had fun, and that's what it's all about. I'll be sure to join you guys next year... you know, assuming I win the lottery between now and then.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                            Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                            Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Day 3 Sierra at Tahoe

Most folks ,unfortunately , had to leave ,. bummer, today was fabulous
                              bright sunshine , warmish weather , yet powder in the trees , at sierra at tahoe ...
                              Valmorel , Slow , Wjeong, Fighting for Air , and I had a fabulous time ,
                              Slow's wife Maria took a day off for some rest !

Here is vid clip of the view that greeted us from the top

Nice pow in the trees

Here is Slow coming down through the steep heavy pow in the trees ,
                              it was certainly a challenge getting down for all of us
                              Boards :
                              Boots
                              Bindings:

Comment

Working...
                              X