No announcement yet.

Rollerbooting lovve!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example of why rollerblading is the craziest sport ever...

I'll have to get this vid... I haven't bough one since barely dead.. and that one is pretty old now

Comment

We Are Valo 3 Official Trailer from Themgoods on Vimeo.
      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

whaaat!
        so sick
        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Just going to be starting up this year, but I thought this was pretty impressive too...

Revel8 ALPdors
          Gold Revel8 Receptors
          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
          ____
          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

that fishbrain at 1:26 in Gom's video was insane.

and those backslides/fastslides.
            Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Wow. Truly amazing stuff in those videos. Those guys go huge. Alas, sometimes one has to realize their age, understand the frail nature of the aging human body and live vicariously. I have a set but not for park - I was given a pair of the casual types by K2 and plan to lick the jar in that way. Use it as a training tool in the off season. You guys go get it and post up the videos so those of us less capable can appreciate you. Oh, but don't get too cocky or I'll back over you in a vehicle that costs twice as much as you've made in your entire life. Yuk yuk yuk
              "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                Wow. Truly amazing stuff in those videos. Those guys go huge. Alas, sometimes one has to realize their age, understand the frail nature of the aging human body and live vicariously. I have a set but not for park - I was given a pair of the casual types by K2 and plan to lick the jar in that way. Use it as a training tool in the off season. You guys go get it and post up the videos so those of us less capable can appreciate you. Oh, but don't get too cocky or I'll back over you in a vehicle that costs twice as much as you've made in your entire life. Yuk yuk yuk
                i saw an article and interview about a dude in his late 30s who recently STARTED doing that type of skating. he is also a world champion speed inline skater tho.
                Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Roussell,

I just don't see a way of avoiding ER visits. Ha ha.
                  "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                    Roussell,

I just don't see a way of avoiding ER visits. Ha ha.
                    haha, I see a few trips to the ER for me over the summer.
                    Revel8 ALPdors
                    Gold Revel8 Receptors
                    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                    ____
                    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

GOM,

But there are huge difference between you and me visiting the ER for such reasons. With you, a hot nurse will patch you up and tell you to be careful out there. I get Nurse Ratchet who makes it clear that they fix physical injuries at the ER but I should consider visiting the mental/emotional repair ward down the hallway and to the right.

Comment

I don't think you understand how many times I have been to the ER...they know me by name and say, "Oh God...Dennis...what did you do this time?"
                        Revel8 ALPdors
                        Gold Revel8 Receptors
                        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                        ____

Comment

GOM,

Oh, in that case the mental/emotional repair ward is down the hallway and to the right. Bring proof of insurance and if needed a letter from your guardian authorizing psychotropic medication in large doses.

Comment

Hah, the ER is way too expensive, superglue and homemade casts are great.

By the way, I skate in a suit. A business suit. With an impact suit under it. :P

Got to have style out there.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                            Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                            Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
                              Hah, the ER is way too expensive, superglue and homemade casts are great.

By the way, I skate in a suit. A business suit. With an impact suit under it. :P

Got to have style out there.
                              doesn't that get mighty warm?
                              Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

***Hah, the ER is way too expensive, superglue and homemade casts are great.***

Ahh, if life were so easy. Actually, here hospitals are pretty cheap. It's semi-socialized. As long as you have a full time job your employer is required to issue you a health card which covers 70% of your bill and there are a number of secondary insurance schemes that covers the rest for essentially pennies. For example, I have one of the best (most expensive) secondary plans and for the equivalent of about $120 a month my entire family is covered 100% to include medicine, dental (not cosmetic), optical - you name it and there is no monetary, time or treatment type limitations. The only caveat is it only kicks in if you become an in-patient. But here, you can go to the hospital with a paper cut and if you request to be hospitalized it happens immediately. A few years ago when my son broke a few fingers and shattered his thumb riding his bike a surgeon fixed him up and he could have come home right away but I stayed in the hospital at his bed side with him overnight so the insurance covered 100% of the surgeon costs, casts, medications, follow-up visits, rehab - the works. It's all inclusive as long as you begin as an in-patient and there is absolutely no additional paperwork because it's recognized by the established medical system. Pretty good stuff. The only plans up from that cover all types of visits to include outpatient, cosmetic dental work and things like that. But, the cost of those plans get steep in a big hurry because that stuff is outside of the government supported medical system (as it were) so the insurance company is shouldering 100% of those costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X