Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud Papa Moment: Chasing 8yr old son through the trees

His first time in the trees

Last edited by Greco; 04-25-2022, 08:04 PM.

I hope to be as good as Lil Greco one day!

I am new so I am somewhat confused, What is the logic behind the poles? I was under the impression that most skiboarders chose not to use poles. Are the rules a little different for juniors?
    Good. and you?

Comment

Niice, Greco! Trees are our natural habitat, good to see him shredding 'em!

Some skiboarders do use poles; can't comment on this particular situation, I'll leave that to Greco. Skiers who switch over sometimes like to keep the poles as it feels normal to them.
      BOARDSLAYER
      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post

Some skiboarders do use poles; can't comment on this particular situation, I'll leave that to Greco. Skiers who switch over sometimes like to keep the poles as it feels normal to them.
        Thanks Steeps!

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post

He likes using poles because he's only 8 and hasn't gotten the hang of using his edges in the lift lines and to push off/skate in the flats. I personally haven't touched poles since 1997.

Comment

Stopping at the load line on a chairlift is one of the few places I still wish I had poles! That and the odd spot where I'm following a single ski track out through a flat powder zone and it's too narrow to skate.

What boards is he riding in that video?

On a related note, I know this has been answered at other times on the forum, but what's the general recommendation for younger riders and non-releasable bindings? Is it mostly a height, weight or age thing?

Some of the little freeride punks on the Horse (one in particular) have been bugging me about letting them try skiboards. I sort of know this kid's mom and would be willing to lend him a pair next season if she gave permission, but I think he's still probably better on releasables. I'm guessing he's about 10 or 12? Old enough to be a lippy little punk but not a teenager yet. Calls me Mr. Snowblade all the time. "MR SNOWBLAAAAADE!!! GIVE ME YOUR SKIIIIIS!!"

BOARDSLAYER
            Base / Edge Destruction X X X
            Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

I had boys 6,9 and 12 yrs old on Kneissl Big Foots, 67 cm on non release bindings --then on to Line Jedi and Line MNPs and finally the older two went to non release Snowboards. I have no fear of non release at 72 and have been non-release for over 25 years. Ever since dropping a ski at Squaw (aka Palisades) and waiting under the Granite Chief chair until the groomers found us at 9 pm. No poles unless i have to do a long high traverse aka Alta back side. I won't leave poles behind to gather either.
              I die with my skiboards (KTP or RCondor) ON!!!

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Working...
              X