2018 Play List Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Play List Videos

Thought it might be fun to post videos of songs/bands that will be new on your 2018 music play list.
    Here's some I'm adding to my play list.

Skillet - Feel Invincible
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA

Starset - Deamons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvOTw8UH6s

Curtis Stigers - This Life
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOGbgGJLF4

Shakira - Empire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qapf...=RDQapfTGTXbxc

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
    Thought it might be fun to post videos of songs/bands that will be new on your 2018 music play list.
    Here's some I'm adding to my play list.

Skillet - Feel Invincible
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo
    shortydude - if you haven't seen Skillet in concert yet, add it to your list. . . They put on a tremendous show! I've been to two of their concerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
      shortydude - if you haven't seen Skillet in concert yet, add it to your list. . . They put on a tremendous show! I've been to two of their concerts.
      I do have 2 Skillet CD's. Last month I was supposed to go see Skillet and Starset play an outdoor festival and it wound up storming bad that day. I saw Starset play the Hard Rock in S. Lake Tahoe a couple of years ago and was really looking forward to seeing them again. Check out this show from a couple weeks ago.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-r919vwhDY

Comment

I think listening to music is only half of the experience, the visual of the performance completes it.

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
          I think listening to music is only half of the experience, the visual of the performance completes it.
          Yes and No. While some visual performances are amazing others can negatively alter the perception of a piece of music. Consuming music as an audio only experience can free the mind from the visual distraction and allow you to appreciate the nuances of sound in the performance. For me I prefer to consume music in high quality audio isolation. To take it a step further my music preferences tend to lean toward raw, technology free performances -- unaltered, unamplified, and unplugged. The best live performances I have attended were small, intimate venues where it was just the artist, the words, the melody -- and all you wanted to do is close you eyes and enjoy.
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Are you a bluegrass fan, Wookie?
            171cm/190lbs
            Current Favorites:
            RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
            Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
            Other boards I'm trying:
            Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
              Are you a bluegrass fan, Wookie?
              I like all types of music and wouldn't say I am a fan of any particular genre though I do prefer music the is more stripped down and acoustic rather than digitally enhanced. As far as bluegrass goes my expertise is it's one of the music genres that is either really good or terrible. I've enjoyed some great bluegrass and some performances that made my ears bleed.
              Boards:
              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                ... As far as bluegrass goes my expertise is it's one of the music genres that is either really good or terrible. I've enjoyed some great bluegrass and some performances that made my ears bleed.
                LOL!! I might be able to relate, though I probably like the ear-bleed type. The bluesier, the better.
                171cm/190lbs
                Current Favorites:
                Other boards I'm trying:

Comment

I remember listening to Skillet like 16 or 17 years ago. A bit surprised they still exist.
                  I do it because I can.
                  I can because I want to.
                  I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                  '08 KTPs

Comment

LOL!! I might be able to relate, though I probably like the ear-bleed type. The bluesier, the better.
                    You're into bluegrass, Shawn? I'm probably a little partial to the ear-bleed category as well ;-) You've probably heard the joke about Bill Monroe hitting the high notes on the chorus of "The First Whippoorwill"? Nobody heard them, but the neighborhood dogs all began howling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      You're into bluegrass, Shawn? I'm probably a little partial to the ear-bleed category as well ;-) You've probably heard the joke about Bill Monroe hitting the high notes on the chorus of "The First Whippoorwill"? Nobody heard them, but the neighborhood dogs all began howling.
                      LOL. Guilty as charged. I'm not familiar with that joke, but when I think of his "response" part on the chorus of 'I Hear A Voice Calling', I get it. I got the bug about 30 yrs ago when I happened to find a Stanley Bros cassette in a Kmart mark-down bin and decided to give it a listen. I'm partial to that era: ear-bleeders like Jimmy Martin, some of Monroe's stuff, Flatt & Scruggs, the Stanleys, etc. Currently, I guess Del McCoury and some of the disbanded Johnson Mt Boys stuff are favorites and I really like the guitar playing of Larry Sparks.
                      171cm/190lbs
                      Current Favorites:
                      Other boards I'm trying:

Comment

Play List

Probably some BORNS, Faded Heart
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2hDcFIfq

Empire of the Sun, High and Low
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlpTad3PLM

St. Lucia, Dancing on Glass
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKJ29357FU

I don't like my ears bleeding. Hahaha.

Also this is my first post and will be my first season riding RVL8. Can't wait to see the snow!

Comment

Posh, welcome to SBOL. Thanks for sharing those videos. What would you call that genre of music?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Posh, glad to have you! I'm not familiar with your musical selections, but I'm guessing even fewer have ever heard of the stuff I listen to ;-)

I'm partial to that era: ear-bleeders like Jimmy Martin, some of Monroe's stuff, Flatt & Scruggs, the Stanleys, etc. Currently, I guess Del McCoury and some of the disbanded Johnson Mt Boys stuff are favorites and I really like the guitar playing of Larry Sparks.
                            You, Fedfan, are obviously a Connoisseur of Fine Things ;-)

It's a little obscure, but for the ultimate high-lonesome ear-bleed give a listen sometime to Monroe's 'Alabama Waltz'. Anyone who hears it, and likes it, can consider themselves off the Rockwell scale among the hardest of the hard core.

Have you heard Larry Sparks' 'John Deere Tractor'? It's understated and superb. The ultimate "country boy stuck in city pines to go home" tune. Of the new bands--- I listen to a lot, don't get excited about much, but agree that the JMB were terrific. Hot Rize is back together and even though not 100 percent traditional they're fantastic, the best live show I've ever seen. I could ramble on endlessly about this and bore the bulk of the forum audience to tears or even drive them to...skiing :-(

The biggest problem with bluegrass is the post Monroe, pre-Uncle Josh early '50's Flatt & Scruggs Columbia catalog. It's so great and so perfect that anything after it might be good but will always be second best.

Comment

It would be nice to have links to these bluegrass videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X