Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lapping Minnesota with Jack Schmid and RVL8 Skiboards

Lapping Minnesota with Jack Schmid and RVL8 Skiboards

Lapping Minnesota with Jack Schmid and RVL8 Skiboards from RVL8 Skiboards on Vimeo.

+1; awesome to see new clips! Was awesome to ride with Jack last year on the East coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Yegg View Post
      +1; awesome to see new clips! Was awesome to ride with Jack last year on the East coast.
      That was a good time! i miss the east coast, but i dont miss the ticket prices haha, even though i was using Kevin's season pass that day.

also stoked to see you are on rvl8's this season! Rails are about 1000 times easier now right?

Comment

Yes; Revolt Diablos for me. Rails are more stable, but my local hill has a fairly small park, and is serviced by a lift pretty far away; having a rope tow to lap the park would be ideal, just to get more repetitions/visit. Also, season pass for nights is great, but cold and icy: less than ideal for trying to dial in 270s out. Ice is hard.

Prices at mountains, especially with the shorter season/having to blow more snow, can be high. If you make it back out here, first ticket's on me.

I'd like to see you try some overlapping-ski slides/grinds; not that I'l a rollerblader, but misfits/mistrials and souls are doable, and could lead to some interesting combos.

P

Comment

Yes; Revolt Diablos for me. Rails are more stable, but my local hill has a fairly small park, and is serviced by a lift pretty far away; having a rope tow to lap the park would be ideal, just to get more repetitions/visit. Also, season pass for nights is great, but cold and icy: less than ideal for trying to dial in 270s out. Ice is hard.

Prices at mountains, especially with the shorter season/having to blow more snow, can be high. If you make it back out here, first ticket's on me.

I'd like to see you try some overlapping-ski slides/grinds; not that I'l a rollerblader, but misfits/mistrials and souls are doable, and could lead to some interesting combos.

P

Comment

That Unity (Savannah?) has always stuck with me, after first time I saw it. The fakie soul during the East Coast B.Lyfe tour was just another example of Kirk's inline skill transferring over to skiboards.

One rail trick I had in mind is a on a box/rail switchup:

First half of the trick is a misfit, left board on the rail / parallel to the rail, and right foot rotated 90deg and placed behind the left foot, weight 50/50. Top-down, the skiboards would be an upside-down capital T, right board on top of left.

The switch would be rotating the front foot, clockwise, 180; left foot still on the bottom, but now instead of the toe facing down the rail, the toe is up the rail. Still should be an upside-down T. Right board still on top of left.

While it may sound odd, I can imagine getting up on the rail, starting to turn to 90deg (a normal ski slide), but not rotating the front foot, landing with 50/50'weight and knee bend to sink into the feature. With the rotation still going, pop up out of he knees, continue the rotation clockwise, and (quickly) rotate the left foot into the new position, before putting weight back down into a fakie soul-type position; as the rotation has carried you, it should feel like you're riding fakie, like you're starting into a blind swap. To get off the box, continue the rotation out, bring the right foot under you, and land fakie.

You could add more spin into it (fakie 270 on, 270 out), but that's not within my capability. I'll try this on be super-wide, super-low box at some point this season. But I'd like to see it landed, so we'll have to wait until Jack (or Kirk!) put it down.

Comment

Jack Should do skate stuff
              i tried a little here and there in my dumb box segment starting at 7:20

thats about as extreme as my non skater knees let me do haha

Comment

Looks good! Looking at some pictures, the trick I have in mind is, I think, a "Negative Mistrial" to "Alley-Oop Topsoul". Lot of words for a simple combo.

Comment

It's awesome to see someone is keeping this sport alive and still using skate tricks. Jack, I have loved watching you grow as a skiboarder. You get better and better and I love watching your edits. Keep it up!!!
                  I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
                    i tried a little here and there in my dumb box segment starting at 7:20
                    thats about as extreme as my non skater knees let me do haha

Ahahha! That box segment was hilarz! Nice work!

Also, that snowboarder has some real smooth moves, the quality!
                    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X