The Clymb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    From now on when people say "Damn, your skis are short". I'm just going to reply "Nah, I'm just really big. It's an optical illusion"
    I've been getting more derogatory comments than usual this season. So far I've had my first "Did you leave your skis in the dryer too long". Twice I've gotten "Your kids must be in school today because you're using their skis".

People need to shut the f#&k up!
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Than there is the one about something like "not a ski for real men" (related to the Icelandic Scout skis, which make you look like a "snowlerblader")... From the wise folks at tetongravity: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...boards-or-skis

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      I've been getting more derogatory comments than usual this season. So far I've had my first "Did you leave your skis in the dryer too long". Twice I've gotten "Your kids must be in school today because you're using their skis".

Comment

Do you need some New Jersey Wookie muscle to adjust some attitudes at SF or WestFest the year? I get looks but only that 13-15 year old punk kid demographic has the nerve to open their mouths and say something. A 200lb Wookie hockey stop snow shower shuts them up quickly.
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
          Than there is the one about something like "not a ski for real men" (related to the Icelandic Scout skis, which make you look like a "snowlerblader")... From the wise folks at tetongravity: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...boards-or-skis
          Wow! Really? That's ridiculous. So far while riding the Sherpas I've had nothing but positive comments. I guess it helps when they are super wide and not quite so short.
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

During our first and second seasons skiboarding we've received only positive comments. A few "snowblade" mis-categorizations but generally an actual interest. Today at Sierra @ Tahoe I had a couple people ask about the cool looking Spliffs on my feet

It may be a function of the atmosphere at the resort but people at Mt. Rose, Sierra and Boreal have been very welcoming to our shorties so far.

Quiver: Kneissel Bigfoots, RVL8 DLP's/Revolts/Rumspringas/Slapdashes/Spliffs/Stickies, Spruce 120's/Raptors/Caddy Jr's, Summit Headwalls/Jades,
            Bindings: Spruce Risers w/Tyrollia Bindings
            Boots: Head Vector Evo 130's
            Mountains we slide on: Sierra@Tahoe, Heavenly, Mt. Rose, Squaw Valley

Comment

Wow! Really? That's ridiculous. So far while riding the Sherpas I've had nothing but positive comments. I guess it helps when they are super wide and not quite so short.
              I too have generally gotten comments of interest and curiosity mostly. But being on small-time East Coast resorts, I suppose don't ride where those "real men" from the teton forum ride Plus, I'm usually faster than almost all but the really good skiers on these easy black diamond slopes so there isn't much to snicker about... Oh, and as Wookie, I'm 6'4", closing on 7' with the risers, boots and a helmet, and when someone looks-up to you it's harder to look down on you, if you get my drift ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
                ......Oh, and as Wookie, I'm 6'4", closing on 7' with the risers, boots and a helmet, and when someone looks-up to you it's harder to look down on you, if you get my drift ...
                Amen, brother!
                Boards:
                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I remember Ray saying at Westfest that he would never go back to Tahoe because of the bad vibe. He got more negative comments form the skiers there than anywhere else. I didn't notice too much negativity the time I was there. It does help to have a Cape Of Invincibility.
                  Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I have had several "are those your kid's skis" while riding my Revolts and BWPs but since I've started riding the '15 Blunt XLs I have had nothing but interest and people asking if they are fun.
                    The Skiboard Connection
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                      I remember Ray saying at Westfest that he would never go back to Tahoe because of the bad vibe. He got more negative comments form the skiers there than anywhere else.
                      I have definitely felt the bad vibe at Tahoe resorts on several occasions. I get positive comments too, but the negative ones are what stand out. The vibe so far has been better in Utah. I've never had a derogatory comment, only positive interest.
                      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
                      X