Recommended Video eidting software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Video eidting software

I recently purchased a Sony action cam and the video editing software that is offered by Sony is very limited.
    For instance, the camera has a time-lapse mode which saves individual jpgs every x seconds but the Sony software doesn't have the functionally to merge them all together into a video.

What do you guys use and recommend? Preferably free.
    Boards:
    RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
    RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
    RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
    RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
    Bomber Elite2
    RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
    Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
    Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

I recommed Sony Movie Studio. It's not free but pretty inexpensive.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/homestudio

Their pro line, Sony Vegas, is extremely powerful and really awesome too.

Comment

For basic editing I've been fine with the free Windows Movie Maker. Can trim, combine, rotate, transition clips, add audio, and change other basic settings. Can also help with time lapse stitching - just add all your photos, define how long each photo should be displayed, and you're done (select all, do it once). Depending on your source material, you may need to download the appropriate codec, but it should work fine with most common formats.

Problem is it often crashes for no good reason, so save early, save often.

Comment

I use Windows Movie Maker as well without any problems. It's great for splicing edits into a movie format, adding music, adding titles/headers and then converting and uploading to You Tube.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Surprisingly windows Movie Maker is not pre-loaded on windows 8.1 pro and needs to be installed as part of the windows essentials 2012 package. It is a good easy to use video editing tool with all the basic features but I'm looking for something with more features. For instance, the bundled software that came with my Sony action cam can pull GPS information and integrate it into the video displaying cool stats such as instantaneous/average speeds, track, etc... I'm looking for something with such cool features with extra filters and tools for video manipulation.
          Boards:
          RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
          Bomber Elite2
          Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:

Comment

There is Dashware that does what you're asking for in terms of cool overlays.
            http://www.dashware.net/

For video editing, I still stand by my original recommendation of Sony Movie Studio.

Comment

First off have you successfully downloaded any of your video files from the camera yet? I used to have a Sony mini-disc camera and you could only download files after you rendered the whole disc in the camera first.

When you download the files, what format are they in?

I always make my videos .wmv files so they can be played on any windows machine.

I have used Sony Movie Studio, but mine seems to be really buggy. I seem to have the best luck with Adobe Premier. It's certainly not free, but you can run into some good deals on fleabay sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
                First off have you successfully downloaded any of your video files from the camera yet? I used to have a Sony mini-disc camera and you could only download files after you rendered the whole disc in the camera first.

When you download the files, what format are they in?

I always make my videos .wmv files so they can be played on any windows machine.

I have used Sony Movie Studio, but mine seems to be really buggy. I seem to have the best luck with Adobe Premier. It's certainly not free, but you can run into some good deals on fleabay sometimes.
                I had no issues pulling footage off the SDcard. I can do it either via Sony Play Memories or simply by browsing through the SDcard's folder and copy/paste the videos/photos without the need to unmount the card and insert separately. All can be done with the camera connected through USB.

I got the POV Action Cam + Live View Remote Bundle HDR-AS100VR/W and it records videos in .mp4 and photos in .jpeg formats.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see if Adobe has any deals for students.
                Boards:
                RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                Bomber Elite2
                Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:

Comment