Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick vid. from Massanutten, VA (Spruce Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick vid. from Massanutten, VA (Spruce Raptors)

Filming myself back to back with a couple of junior ski racing team members sure gave me something to work towards I do have an excuse though - these kids are 30+ years my juniors, half my weight, and 2 feet shorter - so I couldn't possibly match their agility in turning

http://youtu.be/Y06ruLCJxis

Conditions were firm packed snow for the most part, well below freezing.

Spruce Mountain Raptors, Pro Risers, Tyrolia Peak 11 bindings.

I like the slow-mo. It's interesting to see what the Raptors are doing. A lot of flexing going on.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      I like the slow-mo. It's interesting to see what the Raptors are doing. A lot of flexing going on.
      I like the slow mo shots too. You look pretty comfortable on the Raptors. It didn't take long.
      It is a great skiboard.
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
        I like the slow mo shots too. You look pretty comfortable on the Raptors. It didn't take long.
        It is a great skiboard.
        Would be even better if it was shot as a true slow motion video (not just the slowed down 30fps here, which is choppy). And yes, I like the Raptors a lot and I'm now as comfortable on them as I ever was on a ski or skiboard. Their long turn radius (relatively, vs. other skiboards) suits me well on groomed slopes.

I still want to try some other shorter and stiffer boards, possibly with non-release bindings to get an even lighter and more agile/less ski-like setup. I used to ride when I was in high school these very old style 2" wide by 15" long metal mini skis that strap to regular winter boots - they were fun, like skates or roller blades on snow (though limited to where one can ride them). I don't think I want to go that short, but I remember how light and agile they were, so something like the Blunt XL would be interesting to try...

Comment

Working...
        X