Incredible Ski-Bike Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible Ski-Bike Video

A pretty incredible video of a few ski-bikers rocking Rvl8 boards with a few prominently placed stickers.

I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

That's awesome. I love the vid (below) these guys did in 2012 too! (Greco has it up in the videos section of SBOL)

I would love to have an SMX bike but it would most likely be relegated to screwing around on the sledding hills by my house. I have checked with most of the hills I ride and all of them have said NO to a "ski trike". Strangely enough some are open to ski bikes but trikes are out due to various reasons.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Very cool videos!

Wookie,

When we were at Sierra-at-Tahoe this season, there was a lady riding a Skki Trikke.

http://www.trikke.com/shop/ski/

It looked fun.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        When we were at Sierra-at-Tahoe this season, there was a lady riding a Skki Trikke.
        I have seen only one of these "in the wild". There was a guy on one at Big Boulder. He had gotten special permission to use one as an adaptive ski device. Apparently he had a degenerative back problem where he had enough strength in his legs to ski but not in his back. The Trikke allowed him to compensate for the condition by using his upper body on the handlebars to support his weight.
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I'm friends with a couple who ride at Sierra-at-Tahoe. That lady may have been Sally! Her husband took this video at Hoodoo.

The Trikke Skki is a lot of fun and VERY easy for people unfamiliar with snow sports. It's fast and ok for the occasional small jump, but (not having suspension) I wouldn't dare try anything like what these SMX guys are doing.
          Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
          Spruce 120's (they served me well)
          Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
            I'm friends with a couple who ride at Sierra-at-Tahoe. That lady may have been Sally! Her husband took this video at Hoodoo.
            It could be. The lady I saw was probably in her 40's, had dark hair, and was a little heavy set. Sound like her?

The Trikke Skki is a lot of fun and VERY easy for people unfamiliar with snow sports. It's fast and ok for the occasional small jump, but (not having suspension) I wouldn't dare try anything like what these SMX guys are doing.
            Thanks for posting the video. It looks very fun and right up my alley since I'm a stand-up bike rider. It reminds me of riding my ElliptiGO.
            Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

It looks very fun and right up my alley since I'm a stand-up bike rider. It reminds me of riding my ElliptiGO.
              I stand up and ride as well, but on the wheeled version of the Trikke which, unlike the Skki, can go UPhill (albeit, with some effort ).

Trikke Skki

Comment

I stand up and ride as well, but on the wheeled version of the Trikke which, unlike the Skki, can go UPhill (albeit, with some effort ).
                That looks like a lot of effort. Occasionally I'll see someone riding a Trikke on the paths here in the Twin Cities. It's the only time attention is drawn away from what I'm riding.
                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                  A pretty incredible video of a few ski-bikers rocking Rvl8 boards with a few prominently placed stickers.

I was looking for something else but found this - very cool. Worth watching. These guys are nuts.
                  In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                  Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Rigs as of 2021
                    - RVL8 Revolt Trees w/ Tyrolia Attack2 13 Demo
                    - Summit Invertigo's w/ Salomon Shift MNC 13 AT Bindings
                    with Dalbello Quantum Free 110

Comment

Originally posted by mikeingram71 View Post
                      I saw this a couple of weeks ago and wished I'd had the funds to get in on the Kickstarter...
                      Trikke Skki

Comment

Working...
                      X