Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wushuguy's 1st Ever Edit!

Hey guys,

As posted in my thread Wushuguy's Skiboarding Adventures, I just recently returned from a trip to Killington, VT and Owl's Head, QC. It was my 3rd/4th runs of the season and first ever in my life outside of Ontario! The Killington footage was a little harder to edit at the moment and because it was our first slope that weekend, I was more focused on the mountain and enjoying it than creating footage. I still have a few runs that I will edit but for now, here's an edit from Owl's Head, QC!

Feel free to leave comments and criticisms on the editing.

EDIT: NEW VIDEO POSTED FURTHER DOWN or ==> LINK HERE <==! INCLUDES KILLINGTON, VT and thanks to comments, is SLOWER (therefore, hopefully, less shaky!!!!)

Recorded Using: 2 Blackberry Q10s & S4
    Edited Using: Windows Movie Maker

Last edited by wushuguy; 04-21-2014, 06:24 AM. Reason: NEW VIDEO
    Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
    Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
    Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Roussel and I were at Owl's Head this winter too. It's a great place for the money.

About your edit, sorry but too fast and jumpy. It made me feel nauseous watching it. Also the music level is too high and distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by SBruce View Post
      Roussel and I were at Owl's Head this winter too. It's a great place for the money.

About your edit, sorry but too fast and jumpy. It made me feel nauseous watching it. Also the music level is too high and distorted.
      Thanks for your tips! I wasn't sure if people would be bored by long runs down the slope so I sped things up a bit. Haha! I can adjust that though! As for the footage, yea it's definitely too jumpy. It's our first time trying to record and we were on our phones so it led to a lot of choppy footage.

I actually got the idea to skiboard at Owl's Head because I saw that you two had posted a lot of meetups there. So I figured it might be good

Comment

Nice job on the edit. It's really hard to get smooth shots whilst you are moving. One thing you can do is get ahead of your buddies, stop, then film them going by from a steady base. That way you get shots from the front, side and back, which helps to see how they look skiing. Don't worry too much about the content, it's cool just to see the people and the resorts.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          Nice job on the edit. It's really hard to get smooth shots whilst you are moving. One thing you can do is get ahead of your buddies, stop, then film them going by from a steady base. That way you get shots from the front, side and back, which helps to see how they look skiing. Don't worry too much about the content, it's cool just to see the people and the resorts.
          Problem with this is the fact that I'm the only on skiboards so getting them to take footage of me is also tough. I have a lot of footage of them!

Comment

Update!

Due to comments about the speed and shakiness, I tried just leaving the videos as is. That way, the shakiness isn't as bad at regular speed and hopefully it looks a bit better now. I also managed to get my hands on the two original files from the guy recording me directly on two of those runs! Hopefully, it's a bit better now.

The video also has a long introduction meant for some of our friends (shows first reaction and excitement!) and the video also includes some clips on Killington Peak! (Foggy means somewhat blurrier video footage though!)

Please leave comments and critiques about the latest one Cheers!!!!!

Comment

Much better! Looks like you had fun. Thanks for the update.

Comment

THanks for the comment Bruce! Much appreciated! Very excited for next season already!

Comment

Hilarious choice of music - a good overdramatisation that added some light-hearted fun to the edit to reflect the fun you & your mates were having.

Love it - I look forward to more of your work :-)

Comment

Thanks! My buddy is actually working on a full length edit of our trip (movie length) so I'll definitely post a link here in case you guys wanna check it out too!

Comment

Working...
                    X