Spring in Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring in Switzerland

Given that we canned Euroshredfest this year (cannot have one without valmorel), I am in Switserland atm.

Day 1:
    Visited the Swiss side of the Portes du Soleil skiarea. As it is too warm for this time of year, we were at the lifts at opening time. We also looked at trying to find mostly north facing slopes. Morning conditions were pretty good including the only black run that was available - it's great to nearly have a whole run to yourself. All of the chairlifts were running at we only had to negotiate one T-bar (yuck!).

By lunch time we were done, slush, a bit like cement now and my quads were surely telling me that.

Tomorrow we might go do some glacier skiboarding.

Some photos to entice you on what the Alps have to offer.

1. Church building in Moursin
    2. On the Champoussain slopes
    3. Dentes du Midi
    4. View towards Dentes du Midi from Vevey across Lac Léman (Lake Geneva).

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Beautiful. Does look like spring conditions there. More photos and some video if you get the chance!
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Day 2

I thought I would never visit Villars again, after having a dismal experience there some two or three years ago. Today the slopes were much better, but the place remain damn expensive.

High slopes were really great and wide. The low slopes turned really mushy by lunch.

For Bluewing's curiosity, a quick video I threw together. It's all shot with a Garmin Virb Elite mounted on helmet.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Damn it all S, that video is killin me!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
          I thought I would never visit Villars again, after having a dismal experience there some two or three years ago. Today the slopes were much better, but the place remain damn expensive.

High slopes were really great and wide. The low slopes turned really mushy by lunch.

For Bluewing's curiosity, a quick video I threw together. It's all shot with a Garmin Virb Elite mounted on helmet.

Thanks! Beautiful place. The mountain is so wide open.
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Day 3

Day 3:

Last day out and it was off to Les Mosses. This is a small local resort. All lifts are surface lifts, mostly button lifts. Most of these lifts are long rides up steep hills. We went there, because I had a mission to ride the Mantrax 98s on wide and open slopes. I sure got that and the morning conditions were great. Some of the red and black slopes had great steep sections allowing for lots of hand-drag carving.

Enjoy the video.

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
              Day 3:

Last day out and it was off to Les Mosses. This is a small local resort. All lifts are surface lifts, mostly button lifts. Most of these lifts are long rides up steep hills. We went there, because I had a mission to ride the Mantrax 98s on wide and open slopes. I sure got that and the morning conditions were great.

Enjoy the video.

Nice! You certainly did get your wide open slopes!
              Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Those crowds would really get me down LOL

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
                Crossbow (go to dream board)
                Most everything else over time.
                Go Android

Comment

Working...
                X