Backflip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backflip.

Back in 2003-2004ish I used to do straight backflips. I learned them on skates first, so I was used to doing them on "tiny" (for skiboarding) jumps where you had to flip really fast. One day, I tried one on a bigger jump, overflipped, knocked the wind out of myself, was probably concussed, and vowed never to do that stupid trick again....

Well, 10 years later and I finally have vaulted that memory far enough into my subconscious to do them again. On my first attempt I overflipped again... but I was able to save it a little by converting some of the flip momentum into spin, so I was only seeing stars for a few minutes after hitting the ground...

After that first one, I got the butterflies out and was able to do them every hit without any issue. I completely forgot how ridiculously easy this trick is, and the muscle memory came right back, feeling like I have been doing them every day for the past 10 years...

Attached Files

On Blunts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
      On Blunts?
      No sadly... KTPs. The flex on the blunts is too soft for me when I start doing stuff like this on jumps.

Comment

Great shot. I'd love to see a video.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkmarker View Post
          Great shot. I'd love to see a video.
          I'll definitely release some soon... Just not sure yet if this will be part of a little edit or just a one off...

Comment

Lets do a whole edit. Film more.
            you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

I want to try this next week!

I'm just not sure how BIG of a jump i need for the first time. I feel like it could be done on a fairly small jump, but I don't want it to be too small cause I'm afraid of under rotating.
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

What a stellar shot. Nice

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
                I want to try this next week!

I'm just not sure how BIG of a jump i need for the first time. I feel like it could be done on a fairly small jump, but I don't want it to be too small cause I'm afraid of under rotating.
                I would never attempt this myself because of my knees so this is a bit of commentary from the gallery, so to speak. I had done it years ago on skates tho and my first attempts were just on foot on a trampoline. It helped me sort out how much I needed to push to get the right speed of rotation. Perhaps you have tried that already. Perhaps you used your bed. Lol.

Hmm...I think I'm going to go to backflips on the bed now
                FT Konflict
                BWP "Carbon Zombie"
                Spruce 120 "Chairlifts"
                Spruce Risers w/SL100 bindings

Comment

Originally posted by @zenboyscout View Post
                  What a stellar shot. Nice

I would never attempt this myself because of my knees so this is a bit of commentary from the gallery, so to speak. I had done it years ago on skates tho and my first attempts were just on foot on a trampoline. It helped me sort out how much I needed to push to get the right speed of rotation. Perhaps you have tried that already. Perhaps you used your bed. Lol.

Hmm...I think I'm going to go to backflips on the bed now
                  And that's how I broke my parents bed when I was 16 and weighed a mere 130 lbs :P
                  Boards:
                  RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
                  RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
                  RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
                  RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                  Bomber Elite2
                  RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
                  Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
                  Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment