Blunts in Pow !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blunts in Pow !

Another pow day today , this time at Sierra at Tahoe .... on the Blunts today with modified Snowjam Snowboard bindings.....
    Hey who says a big guy like me can't have fun on an 88cm skiboard in pow ! great day today ... the Blunts continue to astound me !
    http://youtu.be/xQGCYbu-PSM

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Were you able to stay centered on them?

I found that I had to lean back a little to get the tips up, then I could center them once I had some momentum.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      Were you able to stay centered on them?

I found that I had to lean back a little to get the tips up, then I could center them once I had some momentum.
      yes , momentum and speed was the key , once you got the boards going with good speed , easy to stay centered , never went over the handle bars , no face plants ...
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
          Another pow day today , this time at Sierra at Tahoe .... on the Blunts today with modified Snowjam Snowboard bindings.....
          Hey who says a big guy like me can't have fun on an 88cm skiboard in pow ! great day today ... the Blunts continue to astound me !
          Wow! You make that look so easy.
          Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
          Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
          Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

valmorel and I have spent a lot of time discussing skiboard design and performance and we both are pretty amazed at the performance of the Blunts which way exceeds what we thought was possible for a skiboard of this length ....
            Here is an email I just sent him that I wanted to share with everyone else about some of my ideas of the Blunts compared to my favorite skiboard , the Rockered Condor :

"Fascinating yesterday riding the Blunts in the same kind of pow conditions I had the week before when I rode the RC. The boards are quite different .
            Of course the Blunts are slower and sink deeper . You can't tell from my video but I favored the steepest slopes possible as that gave me more momentum to get the Blunts going . I was very surprised that I did not have to use a lot of heel pressure at all but pretty much ride them center in pow .. very nice for such a short board. ...
            riding chopped up snow was a challenge until I figured it out .... you need to go as fast as you can , and not worry that you will crash ha , ha , . You always need to be tipping the boards and carving through the stuff rather then going straightforward .... basically with the Blunts you are submerged and plowing through with a stiffer board rather then riding forward and through and over mounds of snow depending on very big rockered tips like on the RC .The Blunts do more start and stop and pitching when driving straight ahead compared to the RC.because of their shorter length and less rocker.. , , Basically in chopped up junk it is all about going very fast and going directly from carve to carve, turning all the time, , very one footed , kind of like skating through crud .. Also a lower stance like a skater is better on the Blunt in chopped up crud then the taller skier like stance I have on the RC in the stuff .. it took me a while on the Blunts to figure it out , and I did have a fleeting thought of giving up and going to the RC which are easier in the nasty stuff and more low angled slopes but it was a challenge and great fun figuring out the Blunts .. . Also in low angled deep stuff where I would get bogged down .. I just dropped into someone else track and kept on trucking , where I could just go through on my own on the RC....
            I do believe more and more that the Blunt can be an all mountain skiboard at the resort which is pretty amazing for an 88 ..... "
            Boards :
            Boots
            Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
              I do believe more and more that the Blunt can be an all mountain skiboard at the resort which is pretty amazing for an 88 ..... "
              After three full days at Park City, The Canyons and Deer Valley on the Blunts, I'm already a believer. I tried every run I could find on them, perhaps some I shouldn't have, and was never let down by their versatility.
              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Nice video, Jack. You know it's a good day when you can only see your boards above the snow 25% of the time.
                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                X