Blunts @ Welch Village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blunts @ Welch Village

Maria and I had the pleasure of meeting up with sempai and Mrs Sempai last weekend at Welch Village near Minneapolis. Both sempai and I were on Blunts which was my first ride of the season and the first time on the Blunts.

sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Thanks for posting the video. Looks like you guys had a good time.

sempai and mrs sempai rocking new ski clothes. Maria rocking KTPs!
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
      Thanks for posting the video. Looks like you guys had a good time.

sempai and mrs sempai rocking new ski clothes. Maria rocking KTPs!
      Mrs. Sempai had all new clothes, helmet and goggles. The only thing new on me was the helmet. I've had that jacket for three seasons and the pants for two. Oh, wait a minute. I forgot that I was wearing a new soft-shell jacket underneath.

It was funny because Maria was the shortest person out of the four of us, but she was on the longest boards. She does extremely well on the KTPs.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        Mrs. Sempai had all new clothes, helmet and goggles. The only thing new on me was the helmet........

It was funny because Maria was the shortest person out of the four of us, but she was on the longest boards. She does extremely well on the KTPs.
        The sempai's were the most stylish on the hill. Great color combinations. They know the color wheel well.

Yeh it was funny seeing her ride the longest skiboards in the group.

Maria tried the KTPs at her request on our last ride last season and liked them in uneven terrain. Over the summer I gave them a progressive base edge tune. Seems to have tamed them for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
          The sempai's were the most stylish on the hill. Great color combinations. They know the color wheel well.
          I was stylin' more with my lime pants on Sunday at Afton.

Attached Files
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

The sempai's were the most stylish on the hill.
            This was actually the most stylish person on the hill, and he just so happened to be riding blades. He was wearing blindingly bright neon lime green clothing. Notice how he stands out in the distance at the end of the clip. At one point we were at the top of a run and spotted him about three runs over at the bottom near the chalet.

That's my next outfit.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

I forgot about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Comment

I was stylin' more with my lime pants on Sunday at Afton.
                Lime pants are in.

The official outer wear of the Blunts Owners Club.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                  Lime pants are in.

The official outer wear of the Blunts Owners Club.
                  Er . . . . sorry, not quite me :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

Comment

This was actually the most stylish person on the hill, and he just so happened to be riding blades. He was wearing blindingly bright neon lime green clothing. Notice how he stands out in the distance at the end of the clip. At one point we were at the top of a run and spotted him about three runs over at the bottom near the chalet.

That's my next outfit.

sempai - since you are about to embark on an epic ski trip where you will likely spend time skiing solo you might want to get one of those outfits now. If you become lost, they could spot you from the international space station in that.
                    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                      sempai - since you are about to embark on an epic ski trip where you will likely spend time skiing solo you might want to get one of those outfits now. If you become lost, they could spot you from the international space station in that.
                      We could all follow your Epic journey on Google Earth. It would be like Where's Waldo?: the skiboarder edition.
                      Boards:
                      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

You need to get a pair of Shagadelic pants!!
                        rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Nice! did you hit up the "chicken" run?

Craziest/Scariest run in MN right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
                            Nice! did you hit up the "chicken" run?

Craziest/Scariest run in MN right there.
                            sempai has never told me about a "chicken run". What is it?
                            sigpic

Comment

sempai has never told me about a "chicken run". What is it?
                              We went down Chicken. It was the steep run that they were racing on earlier in the day. Use this video as reference. It's the first run she goes down.

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13910
                              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                              Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
                              X