Night Shredding 12-21-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Shredding 12-21-13

So yesterday Mrs. Sempai and I was back out at Afton Alps (where Epic begins) for some night shredding. She chose her favorite Allz, and I went with the LE ALPs. I was going to ride the Blunts again, but decided against it because I thought the conditions would be icy. Turns out that I thought wrong. There were a few slick spots here and there, but nothing the Blunts couldn't have handled. Conditions were very good.

At first I was not feeling the ALPs at all and wished I had brought the Blunts instead. It took me a good dozen times down the runs before I felt comfortable on the ALPs. Once we clicked, it was smooth shredding. It was a great night!

Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

You had the place to yourselves. Hope the conditions are as good 3 weeks from now.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
      You had the place to yourselves. Hope the conditions are as good 3 weeks from now.
      Later in the night it started to clear out, plus the majority of people were in the terrain park and on the back runs.
      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

You left your blunts home because they are so big they would have meant too much luggage, right? Duh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
          You left your blunts home because they are so big they would have meant too much luggage, right? Duh.

I used to take like three different pairs with me to the resort just in case. This season I'm trying something new. I'm only taking one and forcing myself to be happy riding just that one pair.
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            I used to take like three different pairs with me to the resort just in case. This season I'm trying something new. I'm only taking one and forcing myself to be happy riding just that one pair.
            Good strategy. Go Blunts! Happy Christmas Scott. Hope you can get out to the hill over the holiday :-)

Go Android

Comment

Night skiing is fun. The mogul field was even lit up for you too. I hate mogul fields in daylight, let alone at night.

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                Good strategy. Go Blunts! Happy Christmas Scott. Hope you can get out to the hill over the holiday :-)

Happy Holidays to you! We plan to be back out on Christmas day. I'm definitely taking the Blunts this time.
                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
                  Night skiing is fun.
                  It has always been my favorite. It is so much easier to see. The downside is it's usually colder.
                  Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

We ride floodlit in Austria when we are there providing the apres ski was not too liquid. It is awful in the spring when the slush refreezes with darkness but in January with no daytime thaw it can be wonderful, mainly because the light is so good. Will post a webcam PIC when it comes up.
                    Sadly the floodlit piste is served by a gondola so it's boards off every ride up. That would be a bear with softboot bondings. So wish they had installed a chair.

Go Android

Comment

Wow, looks great! I might have to make a trip out midweek while the kids are still in school sometime this season

Comment

We were back at Afton today. What a difference a week can make. It was so crowded, and conditions were horrible. I never saw it so busy before, and it stayed that way until close. We had a miserable time.
                        Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                        Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                          We were back at Afton today. What a difference a week can make. It was so crowded, and conditions were horrible. I never saw it so busy before, and it stayed that way until close. We had a miserable time.
                          That's always what I worry about when it comes to riding near the cities. I would hope that on some random Tuesday when kids aren't on winter break I might get lucky. I love when it's just me and the retirees

Comment

I was there on the 28th as well..... Never seen it like that in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Afton has now gone from calling their elan skiblades from "snowblades" to "skiboards" although they are not real skiboards it will send people in the right direction when searching for their own pair to buy. Good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X