Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blunts/ Spruce 125/Rockered Condors at Northstar !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blunts/ Spruce 125/Rockered Condors at Northstar !

Nice day today trying out new gear at Northstar on a cold blustery day ... Wendell was trying out the Blunts for the first time , and my son Jordan was trying out the Spruce Le 125s for the very first time .... I was the trusty video guy on my favorite Rockered Condors ...
    First up Wendell on the Blunts ... I thought he looked nice and smooth and comfy on those on his very first run ... well I will let Wendell tell you what he really thought
    Suffice it to say he traded them off for his super sweet Spruce 125 with his custom top sheet .. ps Wendell also has some snazzy new pants to match his Full tilts and custom 125's ....
    My son thought the 125s were quite fun although he doesn't think he will trade his snowboard or long skis for them , at least not yet .... he had a little fun with them in the park ...
    and me .... well I love my RC's !

direct link :http://youtu.be/nCdsaU886KY

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Wendell looked very smooth on the Blunts and has a sweet custom 125 setup with matching pants.

Assuming you were using your new GoPro. Here's a tip that you probably already know. You have to be pretty close to the person you are filming, or they look miles away. Which is not always easy to do. I've learned that the hard way.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

How many runs did Wendell take on the Blunts? I am surprised he even tried them - he is definitely a longboarder!

Wendell is stylin' in those pants, Full Tilts and with that custom topsheet. Rickylink - you have competition in the fashion department my friend!
      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post

Assuming you were using your new GoPro. Here's a tip that you probably already know. You have to be pretty close to the person you are filming, or they look miles away. Which is not always easy to do. I've learned that the hard way.
        Yes , I know that about the Go Pro ... with my son .. he was going through the park too fast for me to get close enough to him , ha ha ! those Spruce 125s are very fast ...
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
          How many runs did Wendell take on the Blunts? I am surprised he even tried them - he is definitely a longboarder!
          Wendell , gave them a good try , three long top to bottom runs at Northstar ( Pioneer, then Drifter, then all the way from the top of the mountain to the village ) , so he could switch them off to his favorite 125s ....
          Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
            Wendell , gave them a good try , three long top to bottom runs at Northstar ( Pioneer, then Drifter, then all the way from the top of the mountain to the village ) , so he could switch them off to his favorite 125s ....
            I could ride these boards, but they are just too wide. The only position I could really feel comfortable was in a very low crouch. When I skied more erect, I could not get a good edge without getting a lot of thigh burn. They had good speed and held an edge just fine if I was in the gorilla stance. I have much better choices to ride. The LE's are superb.
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Working...
            X