X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valmorel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    It is a shame when a product comes out that really suits you, but it doesn't survive for long. I think we sometimes move on to "the next best thing" a little too quickly. Although some products seem better looking now than they really were at the time.

I guess the bottom line is that most products, no matter how good, have a relatively short attention span, and get replaced when the sales go stagnant.
    This very situation has caused me to buy a second item for 'stock' to use when the primary fails. I have a wristwatch in this category, and the rockered condor of course.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    I guess I was being ironic, but all the best irony has a grain of truth. Last years 'greatest thing' is next years dump bin special.
    It is a shame when a product comes out that really suits you, but it doesn't survive for long. I think we sometimes move on to "the next best thing" a little too quickly. Although some products seem better looking now than they really were at the time.

I guess the bottom line is that most products, no matter how good, have a relatively short attention span, and get replaced when the sales go stagnant.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    I guess I was being ironic, but all the best irony has a grain of truth. Last years 'greatest thing' is next years dump bin special.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    Originally posted by enouf24 View Post
    What is a proper ski boot, and what is overhyped junk? If you dont mind me asking?

bnuf
    Valmorel is a big advocate of Rear Entry ski boots which were popular in the past but fallen out of favor . The guy in the video is on Salomon Equipes which were very popular rear entry performance boots back in the day. Like a lot of us old timers , I also had a pair of those red ski boots at one time .. they were very nice....
    Here is Valmorel's thread on his thoughts about Rear Entry ski boots

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=12179

Leave a comment:

• Dave Bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by enouf24 View Post
    What is a proper ski boot, and what is overhyped junk? If you dont mind me asking?

bnuf
    I am curious as well.

Leave a comment:

• enouf24
    replied
    Notice he is wearing 'proper' ski boots, not over hyped junk?

Go Nexus

bnuf

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied

Go Nexus
    Yeah, I noticed that and his not-way-too-long fat rockered skis.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied

Go Nexus

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
    Yep. Guy gets around pretty damn well for 90+. I doubt I'll be in that good of shape if I live that long.
    He's definitely earned that lifetime pass.

Leave a comment:

• FightingForAir
    replied
    Yep. Guy gets around pretty damn well for 90+. I doubt I'll be in that good of shape if I live that long.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    started a topic This is awesome!

This is awesome!

Working...
X