Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is awesome!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is awesome!

    Skiboards:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


    Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

    Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

  • #2
    Yep. Guy gets around pretty damn well for 90+. I doubt I'll be in that good of shape if I live that long.
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
      Yep. Guy gets around pretty damn well for 90+. I doubt I'll be in that good of shape if I live that long.
      He's definitely earned that lifetime pass.
      Just these, nothing else !

      Comment


      • #4
        Notice he is wearing 'proper' ski boots, not over hyped junk?

        Go Nexus
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by valmorel View Post
          Notice he is wearing 'proper' ski boots, not over hyped junk?

          Go Nexus
          Yeah, I noticed that and his not-way-too-long fat rockered skis.
          Skiboards:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


          Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

          Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by valmorel View Post
            Notice he is wearing 'proper' ski boots, not over hyped junk?

            Go Nexus
            What is a proper ski boot, and what is overhyped junk? If you dont mind me asking?


            bnuf

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by enouf24 View Post
              What is a proper ski boot, and what is overhyped junk? If you dont mind me asking?


              bnuf
              I am curious as well.
              I'm a snollerblader.

              Go big or go home.

              "Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by enouf24 View Post
                What is a proper ski boot, and what is overhyped junk? If you dont mind me asking?


                bnuf
                Valmorel is a big advocate of Rear Entry ski boots which were popular in the past but fallen out of favor . The guy in the video is on Salomon Equipes which were very popular rear entry performance boots back in the day. Like a lot of us old timers , I also had a pair of those red ski boots at one time .. they were very nice....
                Here is Valmorel's thread on his thoughts about Rear Entry ski boots

                http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=12179
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I guess I was being ironic, but all the best irony has a grain of truth. Last years 'greatest thing' is next years dump bin special.
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                    I guess I was being ironic, but all the best irony has a grain of truth. Last years 'greatest thing' is next years dump bin special.
                    It is a shame when a product comes out that really suits you, but it doesn't survive for long. I think we sometimes move on to "the next best thing" a little too quickly. Although some products seem better looking now than they really were at the time.

                    I guess the bottom line is that most products, no matter how good, have a relatively short attention span, and get replaced when the sales go stagnant.
                    Just these, nothing else !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                      It is a shame when a product comes out that really suits you, but it doesn't survive for long. I think we sometimes move on to "the next best thing" a little too quickly. Although some products seem better looking now than they really were at the time.

                      I guess the bottom line is that most products, no matter how good, have a relatively short attention span, and get replaced when the sales go stagnant.
                      This very situation has caused me to buy a second item for 'stock' to use when the primary fails. I have a wristwatch in this category, and the rockered condor of course.

                      Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
                      Crossbow (go to dream board)
                      Most everything else over time.
                      Go Android

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X