Closing Day at Elk Mountain 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing Day at Elk Mountain 2013

I got out to Elk Mountain in Northeastern PA one last time for their closing day of the 2013 season. I was there 10 times this season - a great place. Big turnout for spring skiing - the locals really support the mountain. I did a bunch of mogul runs today to get a jump on this as a goal of mine for next season. A bit more information on how the 120s did in moguls is here http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ull=1#post1347

Here are some photos:

Tunkhannock - their signature mogul run - a mini-Gunbarrel at Heavenly. This mogul run was a lot of fun in the soft snow.

I was taking the line between the lift towers and the trail edge:

Mohawk - a moderately steep black diamond mogul run that was fun as well:

Lackawanna - a fun black diamond with a steep headwall to start:

Looking back up Lackawanna from bottom of headwall:

Spring snow:

In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Those bumps look gorgeous. Great fun.

Go Nexus
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
      Those bumps look gorgeous. Great fun.

Go Nexus
      They really were. I avoided moguls in the past, but now that I have jumped in found it to be a ton of fun. A bit of a chess game to pick you line through them and adjust as you go. I had done Mohawk for 8 runs first and then on my first run down Tunkhannock I fell - slow speed fall over the backs of the boards because I got offline and became tentative. An older guy on the lift yelled down to me "Smile Patrol" and I looked up and threw him a big smile. That broke the ice on that run and I really relaxed the remainder of the runs. An older instructor I took a lesson with at Whiteface - my first time on blades - three years ago told me "If you aren't smiling, you aren't having fun and if you aren't having fun you aren't going to learn anything". Words to live by. Go moguls!
      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Working...
      X