Ski Bums Never Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Bums Never Die

This is a great video - inspiration to keep hitting the mountain no matter what your age. I hope to be so fortunate to still be riding and to be a part of a tight group like the people in this video:

In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Over February vacation I went to Loon Mountain and stayed in Loon village with an older couple that my grandparents know. They are both in their late 70's but they are expert skiers. It was very impressive. They got out to the mountain at 7:30 every day to be the first ones on the gondola and ski first tracks on the black and double black trails. I hope I can still do that when I'm their age!

Comment

There was a guy in my area a few years ago who rode 80 times in a season to celebrate turning 80 - quite an accomplishment given the short season here and his age. I found out later that he actually knew he was terminally ill and that season was his last. I have to say if I could choose the kind of note I would go out on that would be at the top of the list.

I see a lot of people who are older out skiing - I love it. Many of them are still tearing it up and skiing fast and hard.
      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
        This is a great video - inspiration to keep hitting the mountain no matter what your age. I hope to be so fortunate to still be riding and to be a part of a tight group like the people in this video:

How cool! Thanks for posting that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
        '07 "soft" ALPs
        Eyeball DLPs
        125 LEs
        Ospreys mounted bindings
        Crossbows
        Spruce riser release bindings
        Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Working...
        X