Coil leashes in Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil leashes in Action

A little video clip I threw together to show coil leashes in action during a binding release. Hopefully that will give folks a better idea about their usefulness.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

I "tested" my coil leashes at Shredfest this year. I had a release on a double black that Jack took us into and I was glad the leashes were in use. Otherwise it would have been a long slide down Mott's Canyon to recover my skiboard, or worse. It could have hit someone.

Nice video that one would not expect to be able to record. Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

You fall with style!

I use leashes, but they are the "fixed" style. Do you think the coiled variety provides a safer release due to the elasticity of the design?
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I use a coiled version that stretches to 6 feet. My assumption is that it gives the skiboard a chance of being far away from me (or act like a bungy cord and hit me).
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Nicely done! That video should be linked in the product page for the coil leashes on SBOL.

I like that the coils let the board(s) stay clear of the rider, but I have actually had one act as a bungee to bring a board back to hit me. It was a special case, though, and I still recommend the coils to people.
          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
          X